Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 34

Rate this Entry
Entry number 34 starts with a big [B]Happy Birthday to the Lady Wife [/B](Mazzle) for today - September 27th 2015. As this was her first birthday since we started playing Wings of Glory ... She got a WW2 / WGS aircraft as a present! The photo at the end of this Glory Blog entry shows what she is now the proud owner of. It was one of two[B] Grumman Martlet Mk IIIs [/B]I bought recently for reworking to carry different Ident codes: The Official Wings of War :minis: carries H. In addition we now have E and the Wife's aircraft K - which has now become more affectionately known as [I]K for Kittens [/I]as we have two! These were purchased in the wake of my recent activity involving [I]Merit Models Grumman F4F-3 Wildcats [/I]in 1:200 Scale three of which are now painted up as [B]Martlet Mk I or Mk IIs[/B].

The [I]Bader[/I] Edition [B]Hawker Hurricane Mk I[/B] recently acquired for the Official :minis: collection was a bit of a victory. This pre-owned aircraft came from E-Bay at a relatively civilized price considering the last new one I saw on there a couple of months back sold for GBP £36.00! It was described as pre-owned with the cards possibly scuffed a little from gameplay but when it arrived I could not spot anything wrong with the cards. This aircraft was one of four which recently saw action for the first time: In the first game played since Doncaster 2015 on September 26th 2015 due to a bad outbreak of gout in my wrists / hands the Hawker Hurricane fought on the same side as the first of the two reworked [B]Grumman Martlet Mk IIIs [/B]-[I] the one carrying E as it's new Ident.[/I]

Earlier on the same day a huge news story for the Aerodrome erupted at[B] Galactic Models [/B]when Mark the Proprietor gave his permission for me to organise a [I]WGF / WGS / Sails Gaming Day [/I]on [B]Sunday November 29th 2015 [/B]at the shop. Where the huge Gaming Room towards the rear of the shop has been offered to us free of charge. Mark also informed me that the replacement for [I]Galactic Models Gaming Night [/I]which ran on Wednesday nights until May this year is now available. I'm currently waiting to check this new arrangement out which involves Sunday afternoons as planned. Intention is to play whenever the Wife is able to as she travels to a weekly work commitment on Sunday afternoons interlaced with Solitaire games like I was doing before. Only difference is that on Wednesday nights I always had a lift home ... On Sunday nights I'm facing having to catch the bus whenever the bloody thing can be bothered to turn up however this arrangement is better than nothing. Speaking of which our next Public Demonstration Day is currently being organised at Galactic Models. So [B]Richard Seville [/B](if you see this) ready yourself for that[I] Spitfire Mk IX vs Ki-84 Hayate rematch [/I]we have been talking about for some time now ...

PHOTO: Many Happy Returns to the Wife - part of her birthday present!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]177331[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 34" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 34" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 34" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 34" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments