Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 26

Rate this Entry
[B]Amidst another week with plenty going on Glory-wise [/B]I'm pleased to report how due to a stroke of luck I now have a [B]Supermarine Spitfire Mk II[/B] on the way. This Wings of War aircraft was bought off E-Bay yesterday when I discovered that I had a[I] £10 Off An Item [/I]voucher on there to redeem. Reducing this Miniature in price to a more acceptable level and so I used this lucky voucher in order to purchase the Spitfire. It is the one with the spelling mistake attached to it ... Listed and spoken of in so many places as the[I] 'Vybral Edition' [/I]I am assured by a few Aerodrome members that this should actually be spelt [B]'Vybiral Edition' [/B]... It is this one anyway. Now I have only the[I] 'Falkowski Edition' [/I][B]Spitfire Mk II [/B]to get and I will have all three.

Speaking of Wings of War :minis: the two [B]Hawker Hurricanes [/B]mentioned in [B]Glory Blog: Entry number 25 [/B]are still on the way and unlike the[I] Wings of War Spitfire [/I]will become the next type of aircraft to make it's combat debut in this direction. I cannot wait until these arrive for this very reason: However I still have about a week to wait until this pair arrive and I am able to press them into service. Another combat debut to be made at [I]Galactic Models Gaming Night[/I] thinks me as being a British type of aircraft the Hawker Hurricane's first[I] 'tootle' [/I]is amongst the more important or significant ones we have seen in recent time.

[I]Galactic Models Gaming Night [/I]promises to be good this week as both the wife and I will be able to play throughout this week instead of the usual situation we find ourselves in. So it is actually quite enjoyable for a change to be thinking about two-person WGS throughout rather than lengthy Solitaire Scenario followed by about 30 minutes playing against the Wife during this Session. Wednesday will also hopefully present me with a further opportunity to discuss staging a public demonstration or two during weekends at the shop now that the appropriate sub-fleet of Miniatures I intend to use for such activities numbers three in terms of strength. I think the set-up I will go for will involve [I]two aircraft tearing around the smaller 90 cm x 90 cm gaming mat [/I]which I have on which I am able to demonstrate WGS played using both Basic and Normal Rules. These demonstrations of course are being staged in conjunction with Galactic Models becoming a full-time WGF and WGS stockist and so this is another development which I am eagerly awaiting the start of.

PHOTO: Wings of War reconnaissance grey Supermarine Spitfire Mk 1 in action just recently.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]168139[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 26" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 26" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 26" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 26" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments