Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 25

Rate this Entry
[B]Last week there was not much Glory[/B] and more 'admin' tasks relating to it ... This week we are making up for lost time in this direction: What with the [B]Yak-1[/B] making it's debut yesterday and[I] Galactic Models Gaming Night[/I] attended. Then today there is talk of a [I]Kitchen Dogfight [/I]after dinner with the Wife - who liked the look of the Yak-1s yesterday so later on she will be able to fly one against me. Opposition TBA still at this moment in time as in terms of real historical opponents I am struggling without any[B] Me Bf.109s [/B]in my Minis collection. What I may decide to do is send the[B] Reggiane Re.2001 Falco II [/B]-[I] 'Metelmicchi' Edition [/I](see [B]Glory Blog: Entry number 24[/B]) up against the Yak-1 again and hope that this time no [B]BoOm CaRdS [/B]draw the skirmish to an early conclusion!

The next combat debut to be made in this neck of the woods is likely to be the Wings of War [B]Hawker Hurricane [/B]in around ten days time. Two are on their way presently as I have purchased them together: One being the [I]Belgian Air Force Hawker Hurricane Mk 1[/I] and the other carrying [I]Russian markings and believed to be a Hawker Hurricane Mk II[/I]. Following the arrival of these two Minis my attention can then turn to acquiring another Wings of War Supermarine Spitfire Mk 1 / Mk 2 in terms of our main Minis collection. Either that or I can start saving up for a Wings of War Messerschmitt Bf.109 or two instead ... Or maybe even a Junkers 87 Stuka although these are rare even on E-Bay ...

One other thing I am aiming to do during the next Solitaire Session I play is look further into what can be done with the [B]Avro Lancaster [/B][I]'Dambuster' Edition[/I]. As in unpack everything which comes with it and see what it does having firstly read the instruction sheet which is included too. I doubt that I will make it as a successful[I] Dambuster [/I]on the first[I] 'tootle' [/I]this aircraft gets taken on but I am still willing to give it my best shot. Very much looking forward to the Kitchen Dogfight later even though the gaming environment has to shrink to 90 cm x 90 cm due to the size of the kitchen table compared with yesterday.

PHOTO: Yak-1s in action during the type's combat debut as made just recently.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]167523[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 25" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 25" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 25" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 25" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments