Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 21

Rate this Entry
With [B]Heavy Bombers continuing to dominate the scene [/B]in this direction I have at long last written something about them in the [I]Circuits and Bumps [/I]thread featured in [B]Glory Blog: Entry number 20[/B]. Part 1 features the [B]Avro Lancaster B Mk III[/B] LM739 HW-Z(2) which is also known as the [I]'Grogs The Shot' Edition [/I]and the items which come with it contained within the Aircraft Special Pack. The review takes place AOG (Aircraft on Ground) or in other words before any attempt is made to fly it ... That is what follows in Part 2 and this will be happening over the next few days. I cannot wait to get this aircraft off the ground and to find out what Heavy Bombers are all about. Whilst in the process of preventing the aircraft from accidentally exiting a 120 cm x 120 cm gaming environment!

I am also now aware of the full contents of the Avro Lancaster 'Dambuster' Edition Special Pack ... Am I glad that I picked the B Mk III to feature for the basics as this aircraft really is the Cream of the Crop in terms of all [I]Special Aircraft Packs[/I]. In fact there is sufficient equipment contained along with the aircraft Miniature (P for Popsie - a modified Avro Lancaster B Mk III) to fly a self-contained dams-esque raid with some damage tokens out of the WGS Rules and Accessories Pack being the only additional requirements: D Damage Tokens and Anti-Aircraft Gun (green) tokens. There is a full guide as to how to conduct the raid and I was right about the gaming mat segment which this 'Dambuster' Special Pack includes being 'blendable' into the 'city' Official Gaming Mat. Even though strictly speaking anything beyond one Altitude Peg if used on a 'Dambuster' Raid is actually cheating!

With my attention slowly turning to the pair of Russian[B] Yak-1[/B] aircraft which are available for WGS my attention is equally as slowly turning to [I]what suitable opposition I have available for these aircraft when they eventually arrive into my collection.[/I] Truth is that without any 'active' [B]Messerschmitt Bf.109s [/B]or [B]Junkers Ju-87 Stukas [/B]from the [I]Wings of War [/I]range (I currently have one Me Bf.109 and that is 'preserved' specially within my main line model aircraft collection) I am struggling on this one. Interesting ...

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 21" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 21" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments