Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 19

Rate this Entry
[B]Just realising how long it has been since any Glory Blog entries appeared from this direction:[/B] Just over a week so better get that situation changed and pronto! The main problem at the moment in terms of exciting developments is our advance towards [I]heavy bomber operations [/I]being continually delayed. Mark at Galactic Models is he assures me doing his best to procure the [B]Avro Lancaster [/B][I]'Dambuster' Edition [/I]but with the shop's Ares Games supplier currently out of stock I am prepared to sit this one out. The reward for doing so will be of great benefit in the long term and also Mark is a friend too as well as the shop manager. So my apologies for this situation. Either that or like has been suggested to me [I]'overtake'[/I] this Lancaster into service with the first [B]Boeing B-17F or G[/B] ... Or maybe even the [I]standard edition [/I]of the Lancaster with no gun turrets removed.

Could do ... Watch this space. But as many of the heavy bomber :minis: as possible are coming here via Galactic Models. Then like I mention Mark will continue to feel encouraged towards stocking Ares Games WGF and WGS products as opposed to just having them available to order.

Nevertheless another combat debut has been made and this occurred on 21st May 2015 involving the US Navy's [B]Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat [/B]. As flown by the Wife who made such an excellent job of flying the British [I]Grumman Martlet Mk 1[/I] just recently the Wildcat was put up against myself flying the [B]Kawasaki KI-61-IB Hien[/B]. The Wildcat emerged from that two-game and 90 minute Session victorious. It's sister ship (the Grumman [B]F4F-4 Wildcat [/B]or [I]'Galer' Edition[/I]) still has to taste action for the first time which will happen soon. Miniatures-wise alongside the heavy bombers I am now able to turn my attention on the two Russian Yaks which are regularly available for WGS although their lack of suitable and authentic opposition opens a bit of a dilemma regarding these two aircraft. The opportunity cost here is my continued focus more towards Wings of War Minis so long as they are available at [I]sensible / reasonable selling prices [/I]... I will have to think this one over carefully.

PHOTO: Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat in action during a Pacific Kitchen Dogfight on 21st May 2015.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165528[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 19" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 19" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments