Ares Games

Marechallannes

Summer Con 2015 Part I

Rate this Entry
Time to write another report after a wonderful Summer Con.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ummer-Con-2015

I’ll give you an overview about my experiences and hope to animate some forumers to join us in a unique athmosphere and pure Wings of Glory gaming.

Friday the 15th May 2015.

08:30 am: I meet with Markus and Mario, my fellow German wingmen from the Zirndorf Flight in front of Nürnberg main station. We travelled with an DB Express Bus to Prague. They had cold beer in the bus.

Personal Beer counter: 2

12:15 pm: We arrived in Prague and bought tickets for the public transport. Short visit to he cash machine at Karlovo Namesti and we’re on our way to the Botel Racek.

02:00 pm: We checked in and agree for a beer on the upper deck. When I left the cabin I had my cell phone in hand and tried to write a message to Nightbomber.
The moment I watched into the corridor I saw my Polish friend and gave him a hug. Of course he joined us for the beer.

Best weather for another pre-Con beer

Personal Beer counter: 4

03:15 pm: We need a counterpart fort he planned beer consumption and ate some Chinese food near the tram station.

Personal Beer counter: 5

04:00 pm: On our way to the Con location.

04:30 pm:
We arrived at Ladinek’s shop. All our good friends were already there and prepared the first scenario. It was a hearty welcome and it was really good to see them again.

We exchanged some presents and I gave a German Lend Lease support coin to Honza for his engagement with the cockpits and his rule explanation stuff I downloaded & used for Origins 2014.

This was our battle plan:

05:15 pm: I arranged my stuff for the Con.

Lancasters, German nightfighters, my Sopwith Camel repaint for the repaint contest and a Serbina Messerschmitt Bf.109 (a present from Nemanja)

05:30 pm: The first battle started. It was a dogfight mission at the Westfront. 1 hour with early war planes (German victory), the next hour with late war planes (tight Entente victory). I particpated with my Richthofen Eindecker repaint and one of the new Fokker E.V.

Here I closed in for a short range shot at Honza’s D.H.2.

Personal Beer counter: 6

19:45 pm: Andrzej sent us to a tank busting mission at the Eastern front. The mission was called „Büchsenöffner attack“. I volunteered for the German commander. Kubajs for the Soviet one.

Here Andrzej setup the Soviet tanks:

Our Henschel 129s strafed the battlefield and killed 3 tanks. After two near miss draws for cannon shots by the Soviet commander, I took the next damage tokens and my lucky hand blasted away 3x T34 by Henschels and another 2x T34 by the 88mm AT guns.

Here you can see Nemanja in his burning ground attack plane after he had knocked out a tank.

Even hiding in the woods didn’t save the tanks.

Andrzej had developed a great system for moving the tanks and to fire them and the AT guns.

Unfortunately the Russians concentrated too much on the Henschels and didn't care for the 88mm AT guns.

I had luck with the damage tokens and our VW Kübelwagen with special documents escaped, too.
Beside this I commanded a nicely repainted FW190A6 but scored only a single hit on a Soviet plane.

I have to say that the quick change between WGF and WGS confused ma a little bit and I misjudged the movement and speed, but Andrzej hosted a brilliant scenario with so beautiful painted planes, halftracks with AA machine guns, nice explosion tokens. Mario told me two days later that this was his favorite mission and he was a little bit unsaitisfied that we could only defeat one tank wave due to the time limit.

Personal Beer counter: 7

10:00 pm: We had our debriefing in a nearby pub. I sat nearby Andrea. It was a pleasure to met with the game designer of this wonderful game in person.

Personal Beer counter: 9

00:15 am: (already Saturday) The pup closed it’s doors and Sascha persuaded us for a last beer in a nearby sportsbar. Andrea, Andrzej, Markus, Mario and me agreed.
When I „Blitzkrieg-like“ paid for this last round, Sascha explained me that the last beer doesn’t necessarily mean to be the last one.
He insisted to pay for the next/really last round.

Personal Beer counter: 11

02:15 am: (already Saturday) We returned to the Botel, a little bit drunk but still happy after this perfect opening.

The comrades had to promise me to get up and be ready for breakfast at 08:15 am. They were not amused…

End of day I.

Submit "Summer Con 2015 Part I" to Digg Submit "Summer Con 2015 Part I" to del.icio.us Submit "Summer Con 2015 Part I" to StumbleUpon Submit "Summer Con 2015 Part I" to Google

Updated 05-22-2015 at 05:21 by Marechallannes

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments