Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 17

Rate this Entry
[B]It's Debuts time[/B] in this direction as over the [I]VE Day weekend [/I]two important or influential types of Axis aircraft were deployed into combat for the first time. First to see deployment was the [B]Fiat CR.42 Falco [/B]biplane against the Gloster Gladiator Mk1 followed by the [B]Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen [/B](or [I]Zero[/I]) which was up against the Curtis P-40F Warhawk. The Fiat CR.42 Falco proved to be a tough and rugged opponent against the Norwegian Gladiator - the Fiat was in German hands. The first three bi-plane games plus the first of the P-40F versus A6M2 games which were played between May 9th and May 11th involved Myself and the Wife. Then a spot of Solitaire on May 11th [I]hijacked the dining room table [/I]once again to play three games with the same types of aircraft. Though in the Solitaire session the biplanes' nationalities changed over to [B]Royal Air Force [/B]/ [I]'Pattle' Edition [/I]and [I]Reggia Aeronautica [/I]/ [I]'Roberto Duncin' Repaint[/I] ...

On May 8th 2015 it was the [B]70th Anniversary of VE Day [/B]as mentioned in [B]Glory Blog: Entry number 16[/B]. To celebrate the Wife and I played a Glory Session in the kitchen which lasted just under two hours. To commemorate this special occasion we played with a Union Flag tea-towel neatly draped across the top of the Allies working cockpit (see photo.)

The following day with regard to :minis: we were informed that the first of the [I]heavy bombers [/I]to join our Collection which is the [B]Avro Lancaster[/B] [I]'Dambuster' Edition [/I]has been delayed at Galactic Models. Apparently their regular Ares Games supplier is out of stock so the arrival of this landmark aircraft has been pushed back a week or two. In the distance and almost in sight is the first [B]Grumman Martlet or Wildcat [/B]aircraft which is coming from a different direction ... From the excellent Caliver Books who are located in Nottingham - Eastwood very close to Ikea. This aircraft when it arrives will be the next type to make it's combat debut as now the Fiat CR.42 and Mitsubishi A6M2 have been deployed that is it for brand new types to do this here at the moment.

PHOTO: Union Flag tea-towel used in May 8th 2015's Kitchen Skirmish.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164742[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 17" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 17" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 17" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 17" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments