Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 16

Rate this Entry
[B]Quite a lot of action [/B]to report today as one :minis: arrives as another goes upstairs for repainting. Then on the [B]70th Anniversary of VE Day [/B]a four-game WGS Session is played in our kitchen with the Wife and Myself plus one of the cats. This featured the [I]Messerschmitt-Massacring [/I][B]Bristol Beaufighter Mk IVF [/B]versus the [I]D Token-Distributing and Bomber Shredding [/I][B]Kawasaki KI-61-I-KIAD Hien [/B]and lasted for just under two hours.

Miniatures: Latest arrival in is the [I]'Lott' Edition [/I]of the[B] Curtis P-40E Warhawk [/B]which I spotted in stock with a Seller I have bought from on E-Bay. This :minis: has so far proven to be the hardest of the currently available WGS Series to find - even harder to find than the Kunming 1942 'Flying Tigers' version ([I]'Hill' Edition[/I].) As I already have the [I]'Hill' Edition [/I]these two aircraft will now be paired up against Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen aircraft (from Wings of War) which also just arrived recently - about ten days ago to be precise. Also with the Italian [B]Focke Wulf Fw190D-9[/B] now painted out of the [I]'interim'[/I] colours I have photos of it in and carrying a far more authentic colour scheme with late-war Italian markings (MM6564) there was a vacancy in the Miniatures Paint Shop. Until that is another Seller on E-Bay confused the [I]'Gorrini' Edition[/I] of the [B]Fiat CR.42 Falco [/B]with the[I] 'Rinaldi' Edition [/I]which I had bought from them already ... [U]DUH![/U] But I am retaining and repainting this spare as I know I have the correct paint colours upstairs from building 1/72 Scale construction kits. Should be good and also provide a fourth Fiat CR.42 Falco as opposition to the four [B]Gloster Gladiator Mk 1 / Gloster Sea Gladiator [/B]aircraft which we have collected so far.

VE Day: Today was the 70th Anniversary of VE Day and at 15:00 hours (3 PM) GMT a two-minute silence was observed across the United Kingdom. With fifteen minutes to go I powered up my Laptop whilst watching the commemoration service live on TV to see what was on here about all of this ... Nothing I realised with about ten minutes to go. So I managed to place a thread within the [B]Officer's Club [/B]about the two-minute silence taking place just in time to observe the actual event. Thought it best in there rather than placing it in the [I]UK Wing [/I]as more people would notice it. During the silence I particularly remembered my Uncle Irwin ([B]Irwin Perry[/B]) who flew HP Halifaxes during WW2 with 4 Group Bomber Command: A major part of me playing WGS is in his memory as he died in 2005 aged 91. Plus I also remembered one time family friend [B]Commander R M 'Mike' Crosley [/B]who died in 2010 aged 90. He served with the Royal Navy FAA during WW2 and his memoirs gave rise to his book [I]'They Gave Me A Seafire' [/I]which is an excellent read.

PHOTO: Playing Glory on the 70th Anniversary of VE Day: Has to be done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164512[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 16" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 16" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 16" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 16" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments