Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 14

Rate this Entry
[B]Well ... After today's WGS activity [/B]here I have to propose a brand new but unofficial [I]'Ace'[/I] skills category: [B]The Boom Card Magnet[/B] - or even [I]Magnate! [/I]

Either way this could apply to both WGF and WGS sessions where [I]games repeatedly end for the same player (especially if flying the same aircraft!) with the drawing of a Boom Card damage token ...[/I]

Today's record of five [I]'B Cs' [/I]in one Glory session repeatedly knocked my valiantly striving [B]Kawasaki KI-61-IB [/B]aircraft out of the fight ... But has made that session one of the funniest I think I have ever played. When Ares Games manufactured my aircraft Mini I bet they hadn't got the slightest idea that it was actually jinxed or unlucky! According to the US Navy if a pilot scored three kills during the same mission in WW2 this made that pilot an ace - I think that the figure within the USAAF was higher as five seems to spring to mind now I come to think of it. I could be wrong though: Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this - as I have understandably been having one hell of a day!!!

So having made a [I]Boom Card Magnate [/I]out of me the question is do I (more like [B]DARE I[/B]) deploy this aircraft into action again at any time? Or should I place this one [I]'In Preservation' [/I]within my aircraft collection (it will become the second WGS Miniature to join if so as the first one joined in March 2015 - posterity) to save it's bacon from another such disasterous Glory session. I definitely think that if both WGF and WGS have [I]'Ace Skills' [/I]and [I]'Ace Categories' [/I]within the game which cover having itchy trigger fingers and being able to run away quickly from an altercation then an utter [I]pickle[/I] of this nature should certainly receive recognition in the same / in a similar sort of way ...

PHOTO: Whoops - there she goes again!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164152[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 14" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 14" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 14" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 14" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments