Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 13

Rate this Entry
Playing Glory has resumed here after my recent bout of ill-health forced a hiatus upon all activity. Boy is playing Glory back with a vengeance - almost as if the game itself is eager to make up for lost time just like the Wife and I are too. Well, she is home and we are playing on the dining room table which has previously only seen action whilst she is away on work commitments. But it was during today's gameplay that it was officially confirmed: We have a 'Bomber Shredder' on the loose in the shape of the most destructive fighter I have come across since last month's 'Messerschmitt Massacre' at the hands of the Davoud Edition Bristol Beaufighter Mk IVF! But yet it's partner aircraft is not half as well equipped gunnery-wise yet the two models are available currently for WGS as WGS103A and WGS103B.

Have also as a result of flying this aircraft fired the first D damage tokens of my Glory playing career. So what is this D Token distributing bomber shredding dream machine then? It is the Kawasaki KI-61-I-KIAD Hein fighter - available as WGS103B or the green liveried version! Yet in comparison the other KI-61 Hien which is currently available is not half as well equipped gunnery-wise. Only managing to distribute a bunch of B Tokens at the same time as it's counterpart was distributing all of these D Tokens!!!

Minis-wise we have the Avro Lancaster 'Dambuster' on the way which will be the first of our four-engine heavy bombers. Alongside this significant milestone I have begun to collect the Fiat Cr42 Miniatures and will over the next two weeks end up with all three of these. Have always had a soft spot for Italian WW2 aviation which began back in my construction-kit building days of around ten years ago. However these bi-planes are also the most effective opponents for the Gloster Gladiator Mk 1 / Gloster Sea Gladiator which we now have four of following the completion of my Bob Dunkin repaint two weeks ago.

PHOTO: The Bomber Shredder on the prowl. Most amazing aircraft!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]164016[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 13" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 13" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 13" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 13" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments