Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

Glory Blog: Entry number 10

Rate this Entry
Today I am still [B]buzzing[/B] after the successes witnessed at Galactic Models Gaming Night (Derby city centre) yesterday. Where thanks to circumstances beyond our control the Wife was delayed returning from Edinburgh leaving me to play the entire night solitaire / go it alone ... But this is what happened. I originally planned to play two possibly three different scenarios on a brand new 120 cm x 120 cm gaming mat which I had spent the day putting together. But it took just one scenario which started play at 18:00 hrs GMT to christen this mat with a vengeance as almost 2.5 hours later it reached a successful conclusion. Three hours later the Wife appears at the shop to pick me up and take me home for a meal. There has been an AAR produced due to what happened and this can be found over in the UK Wing under the Galactic Models Gaming Night thread.

Eerily silent at times without an opponent for so long this silent running of firstly three and then a fourth aircraft was best described as when the card game [I]Patients meets Chess[/I]. With not a shot fired but still plenty to do (wanting to show off WGS versatility to Mark the shop Manager) within the scenario the whole thing which was set in 1941 took place out of a ficticious RAF base location in southern England. Orchestrating the movement of four aircraft for the first time since [I]'Don't Just Stand There ... Get One Up!'[/I] was played last week proved to be just as challenging and thought provoking even though the difference was that shots were not being exchanged or fired here: Nevertheless there was a problem to be dealing with and limited resources at my disposal for dealing with this rapidly unfolding situation ...

Which brings me around to Flt Lt Bob Dunkin's Gloster Sea Gladiator N5516 / N which easily won the [I]'Man of the Match' Award [/I]last night! PHOTO:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163220[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 10" to Digg Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 10" to del.icio.us Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 10" to StumbleUpon Submit "Glory Blog: Entry number 10" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments