Ares Games

Starting a new Campaign

Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting

Rate this Entry
Mission #11 Mission 3B Balloon Busting.

Type: Balloon Busting
Players: Central Powers: Steve B. (me) (Red D111), Tom (Tan D111) and Steve S.(Grey D111)
Allies: Gary (Sopwith Triplane with C), Casey (Sopwith Triplane with red cross) and Taylor (yellow Sopwith Triplane)
Setup: per scenario rules. CP: 1 random ground targets revealed to be a building.
Allies two balloons with 4 AA guns and one random ground target revealed to be a building.
Results: Allies: 9 Mission points, CP: 0 mission points. The Allies have stalled the mission.
After this win by the Allies, the next mission is a replay.
Setup: Again the CP Goal was to destroy one Allied plane and evade, gaining enough points to win the round.

This is the perfect example of what happens when someone (Tom) fails to follow the plan!

Set up. The CP on the left coming straight in with the Allies running in front of the balloons. The CP plan was to shoot down one enemy plane and run. The only rule was "don't go near the balloons and AA guns."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163042[/ATTACH]

So here It is clear to me to join Tom and go for the plane on the right. However Steve S. decides to turn around. This caused some confusion on our part.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163043[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163044[/ATTACH]

Tom got way in front of me and I was unable to support him.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163045[/ATTACH]

Here is where things got crazy, Tom decides he is going to fly right over all the AA guns, breaking the only rule we had!! I was lucky, Gary Immelmens right in front of me putting me on his tail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163046[/ATTACH]

Tom, to late, decides to leave, he gets shot down by the AA guns. His pilot captured.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163047[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163048[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163049[/ATTACH]

So now that the entire plan is blown up and we are down a plane, Steve S. and I decide to leave town. I manage to get Taylor, (my oldest son) right behind me. I thought I was done for.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163050[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163051[/ATTACH]

Instead he turns and shoots down Steve S. The Allies rule was not to cross into CP airspace. He did what he was told.
I was able to evade. Our one ground target left for them to destroy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163052[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163053[/ATTACH]

Depressing loss, not a single CP mission point. We did finish the night ahead 19-11.

This loss forces a replay of this mission.

Overall this puts the CP up 66 to 59.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images             

Submit "Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting" to Digg Submit "Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting" to del.icio.us Submit "Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice AAR, Anav.
    Thank you.