Ares Games

Starting a new Campaign

Sortie #10, mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight)

Rate this Entry
Sortie #10 Mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight). This will decide who will regain the offensive.

Type: dogfight
Players: Central Powers: Steve B. (me) (Red D111), Tom (Tan D111) and Steve S.(Grey D111)
Allies: Gary (Sopwith Triplane with C), Casey (Sopwith Triplane with red cross) and Taylor (yellow Sopwith Triplane)
Setup: per scenario rules. CP: 1 random ground targets revealed to be a building.
Allies one balloon with 2 AA guns and one random ground target revealed to be a building.
Results: Allies: 1 Mission points, CP: 6 mission points. The CP have regained the offensive!!!
After this win by the CP, the next mission is a balloon. (Mission 3b)

Setup: The CP set up on the right side. Goal was to destroy one Allied plane and evade, gaining enough points to win the round.

Setup:
CP in a tight formation. The plan was to run in and get 4 Mission points and evade.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163024[/ATTACH]

Tom and I were surprised by the breakaway of Steve S. (Grey DIII).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163025[/ATTACH]

And so it begins....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163026[/ATTACH]

Here I saw how Tom (Tan DIII) was going to get hammered by Casey. I turned right to shoot at Casey. Tom did destroy one of the AA guns here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163027[/ATTACH]

I sort of carried off here, The plan was to get just enough points to win and evade. Here Steve S. killed another AA gun. so i began my evasion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163028[/ATTACH]

One problem, I have left my two wingman back with 3 enemy planes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163029[/ATTACH]

Here Steve S. and Tom were forced to fight their way out. This led to Casey getting shot down by both Tom and Steve S.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163030[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163031[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163032[/ATTACH]

At this point I have zero damage and we have the advantage of 3 vs 2. I turn around looking to mop up some points. I THOUGHT that was what my wingmen were going to to do......I was wrong.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163033[/ATTACH]

Here Tom has evaded, Steve is headed that way. I decide to come left and get some easy points and maybe finish off a plane.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163034[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163035[/ATTACH]

I flew in and put a few points on a ground target, not enough to finish it off. I see that the other two are gone and i decide its time for me to go.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163036[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163037[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163038[/ATTACH]

Now I had no damage and I knew I was putting myself into a bad position. I knew that even if I was shot down We had enough points to win the Mission.
It was close though, Gary got on me like a tick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163039[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]163040[/ATTACH]

I was able to make my escape, Gary with the faster plane overlapped me and was unable to fire on me. This was another victory for the CP. Recon missions are tough so we decide to follow up with a Balloon mission, our first.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images                   

Submit "Sortie #10, mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight)" to Digg Submit "Sortie #10, mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight)" to del.icio.us Submit "Sortie #10, mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sortie #10, mission 2B Dawn Patrol (dogfight)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments