Ares Games

Starting a new Campaign

Mission #7 Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (Dogfight) Allies are on the Offensive

Rate this Entry
Mission #7

Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (dogfight) Allies are on the offensive

Type: Dogfight
Players: Central Powers: Steve S. (me) (Tan D111), Thomas (Red D111) and Tom (Grey D111)
Allies: Gary (Sopwith Triplane with C), Mathew (Sopwith Triplane with red cross) and Logan (yellow Sopwith Triplane)
Yes I switched planes.
Setup: per scenario rules. CP had one ground target revealed to be a AA gun.
Results: Allies 5 Mission points, CP 5 mission points. A tie, a first for us. We decided a tie goes to the Offensive team.

After this "win" the Allies decided to go to Mission 3c (Supply search), a recon mission.

Although this mission ended in a tie the CP players rebounded back and shot down or forced away all Allied planes.
Had Mathew not destroyed the AA gun it would have resulted in a CP win.

Setup

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161913[/ATTACH]

So this game we decided to forgo the planning and just try and get some kills while not being killed. Here Tom and I (at the bottom) went for Mathew, Thomas at the top did not get the memo.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161914[/ATTACH]

Here we go, lighting each other up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161915[/ATTACH]

The CP actually came out on top of this fight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161916[/ATTACH]

Logan (yellow Triplane at the bottom) flies off the table, he remains but takes damage.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161917[/ATTACH]

More fighting, at this point the CP are deep in Allied territory. Mathew decides to go after the Ground target. In destroying it he made the difference in the game, evening the score and keeping on the offensive.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161918[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161919[/ATTACH]

Planes all spread out now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161920[/ATTACH]

In the lower right you can see Tom (DIII) headed towards Mathew (triplane)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161921[/ATTACH]

And the result......they both shot each other down......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]161922[/ATTACH]

At this point Gary and Logan made a break for the gate. I managed to shoot at Logan just as he left the map.
After Mission 6 we could not be to angry at this tie.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images           

Submit "Mission #7 Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (Dogfight) Allies are on the Offensive" to Digg Submit "Mission #7 Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (Dogfight) Allies are on the Offensive" to del.icio.us Submit "Mission #7 Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (Dogfight) Allies are on the Offensive" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mission #7 Mission 2b Dawn Patrol (Dogfight) Allies are on the Offensive" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments