Ares Games

Starting a new Campaign

Mission 4 and 5

Rate this Entry
First I want to welcome Cameron and Mike to our little war. Cameron has joined the Allies while Mike joined the right side, I mean the Central Powers.

The 5th and 6th missions were decidedly Allied victories.
The Central Powers still have a small lead in total mission points, 35 to 28, but the Allies have taken the war back to mission 1.
The biggest game changer would be Mat. His opening score was -1. He finished today with 12 points. Congratulations

Mission 4 debrief (no pictures): CP had one balloon with 2 AA guns, Central Powers had one ground target (AA gun). Very close game. Gary was shot down early followed by Mike. Lots of bad damage draw cards left Steve B and Thomas with one and thee HP respectfully forcing them to evade. With only one HP left on both planes, Mat and Cameron were able to finish off the balloon and AA Guns. So we proved you can kill a balloon. This was a strange one. After the first scrum the allies were deep in CP territory and the CP was deep in Allied territory. This allowed the Allies to ping away at the balloons until the CP could get back and ping away. I wont lie, if I knew that they had one point left I would not have evaded......

Mission 5 debrief: CP had one balloon with 2 AA guns, Central Powers had one ground target (AA gun). Steve B. was shot down early (16 Pts in only 2/3s of a turn). Thomas shot down not long after forcing Mike to evade. This left the balloons and guns. One AA gun brought down Cameron. Most one sided fight so far. With 2 big Allied wins the game resets to Mission 1. This was the worst game I have ever played.....I have never died so quick.

Planes in their starting positions:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160203[/ATTACH]

How fast can you die? Real fast. I took 16 points in 2/3s of a turn here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160204[/ATTACH]

Then the Central Powers were split......Never goes well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160205[/ATTACH]

Thomas drew 9 points of damage in the first fight and tried to make it back.....not so much.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160206[/ATTACH]

Then Mike was forced to run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160207[/ATTACH]

This left the balloons and AA guns at the mercy of the Allies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160208[/ATTACH]

Except for Cameron, who flew in front of the guns and they had their revenge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160212[/ATTACH]

We are pretty sure Gary flew off the map here.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]160209[/ATTACH]

In the end the balloon was reeled in in time to save it.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images         

Submit "Mission 4 and 5" to Digg Submit "Mission 4 and 5" to del.icio.us Submit "Mission 4 and 5" to StumbleUpon Submit "Mission 4 and 5" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looks like great fun for all!
    (Except those shot down! )
    For the Allies at least........
    2/3 of a turn man that was quick. Great game.