Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

Kicking the Tires

Rate this Entry
Hmmm, it has been FAR too long since I have been active both on the group and here on my blog. I think waiting so long for various items I've ordered or are waiting to order has put my Wings of War/Glory gaming on hold. Still needing some custom hangers made, waiting for that Lend-Lease Operation Gemeinschaft Coin, waiting for the next series to be produced...waiting, waiting, waiting. Please do not take that last sentence the wrong way, I am not blaming Herr Oberst for my waiting on the great items forthcoming, but when I wait and am not receiving an order right away because of backorder or pre-order status, I have a tendency to move onto other projects as the postman is not bringing me shiny new toys post haste! So, placing an order and receiving it shortly after placing the order keeps the fires stoked as it were.

I have been gaming a lot of Check Your 6! lately, 1/285th scale World War II and Korea. I am slowly collecting aircraft for Korea, and will probably do something obscure for World War II like Finns. I played CY6 years ago I and did not enjoy it as it was so difficult to line up a shot against an ace, but we now have a local group in Dayton that has been playing regularly and we even had a CY6 Gameday recently in which I had a grand time shooting down all sorts of things. My luck in CY6 seems to be far better than with Wings of War/Glory, as there is no BOOM card that I always seem to draw right away in Wings of War/Glory. I even gave a split second thought to going with a variant of CY6 for the Great War, but decided that with the investment I have in Wings of War/Glory in both aircraft and accessories that it would be daft to replace one with the other. That does not mean that I might not give CY6 a whirl in 1/285th for the Great War; gaming a period in two scales has happened before!

I am hoping to start getting the guys together again for some Wings of War/Glory gaming. I am hopeful that if we commit to a set day each month it will prove fruitful. Guess I need to ask the guys as to when that set day might be, but if we held true not only would it keep us involved but we could also advertise it and add new players from time to time. Keep your eyes on the forum for when those dates might occur!

Submit "Kicking the Tires" to Digg Submit "Kicking the Tires" to del.icio.us Submit "Kicking the Tires" to StumbleUpon Submit "Kicking the Tires" to Google

Comments