Ares Games

Marechallannes

Origins Lend Lease 2014 – the Arrival

Rate this Entry
Here is a short report of my impressions of the Origins game fair 2014 in Columbus Ohio.

It was a great honor and an unforgettable experience to meet so many forum members in person.

The friendliness, generosity and courteously of the people I met there left me many times speechless.

03:00 am Left home with wife by car and drove to Munich airport the next 1,5 hours.

First information at the Air France check in counter was: No direct connection from Boston to Columbus today.

07:15 am The plane was ready to depart to Paris Charles de Gaulles airport.

12:30 pm Arrived via Paris at Boston/Massachusetts. Passed the immigration and custom controls without problems.

Next step was from Boston to Columbus via Detroit, because they had cancelled the direct connection.

Arrived at Detroit at 05:00 pm. And I had only 20 minutes to run from the arrival gate through the terminal, through an connecting tunnel and the departure gate only to get the information that the flight to Columbus is delayed.

Time for a beer…

08:00 pm Finally in the air after a 2,5 h delay. I took a picture of the clouds over Ohio.

09:30 pm My wingmen picked me up at the hotel Lobby. Keith (Col. Hajj), Tom (CappyTom) and Randy (Black Sheep One) in our hotel room.

One of the Aerodrome originals: Ken (Cowman)

A snapshot with Michael, Tom’s brother, a special guest from Arizona.

Have a look at our fantastic B.G.I.F (Buckeye Gamers In Flight) caps. It was a present from CappyTom.

10:00 pm
We went for a beer to the hotel bar and I was quick enough to pay for the first round.

The Columbus Pale Ale had a real good taste.

A great beer and the perfect end of the day.

Submit "Origins Lend Lease 2014 – the Arrival" to Digg Submit "Origins Lend Lease 2014 – the Arrival" to del.icio.us Submit "Origins Lend Lease 2014 – the Arrival" to StumbleUpon Submit "Origins Lend Lease 2014 – the Arrival" to Google

Updated 06-23-2014 at 13:04 by Marechallannes

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

A very nice intro to your visit Sven, once the hassle of the flight was over.
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Rob.
    Great times my friend!
    Superb, friends and beer all round. Can't ask for more.
    Excellent!