Ares Games

Blackronin

Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
[B][I]January 3, 1916[/I][/B]

"What are you doing, you stupid man?!" "Listening to a waltz, Rita?!" "I'm not talking about this moment!" "What are you talking about, then?" "About being shot down!" "I've crash-landed, i wasn't shot down... Do you want to dance?" "No! Call it what you want. You've been very sick and in the next flight you take you're shot down! Isn't that stupid?" "Crash-landed, Rita. Don't you really want to dance with me?" "No! No! No! You don't take care with yourself. You've been wounded and you're already flying again?" "Yes, Rita. It's my duty. And I've crash-landed. It was okay." "What are you doing?" "Dancing with you." "Be careful Joachim..." "i will, Rita. I will."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Interlude%205%20-%20Dangerous%20Waltz/Amelia-Earhart-9283280-1-402.jpg[/IMG]

"You've called for me, Oberst Metzger?" "Indeed we have. It's becoming a tradition." "What, sir?" "Well, me, Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger and Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz being together to give you a medal." "A medal?" "Yes. The Iron Cross 1st class. They are late as usual. You should already receive the medal [I]Pour la Merité[/I] but they are still confirming your achievements." "Thank you sir." "Here it is. Oberleutnant Schultz wants to make the honours." "Well deserved, Joachim." "Danke, Leonhard." "Now let's drink something to commemorate this. I've heard that there was waltzing yesterday night in your quarters, Joachim..." "False rumours, sir. False rumours spread by idle people..."

[B][I]Combat log:[/I][/B]

Oberst Metzger (3rd Kest Commander)
Commands 3 Squadrons, 3 Observation Planes and 1 Bomber flight

[B]Erste Verstärkte Staffel (First Reinforced squadron)[/B]
Squadron kills - 37 kills

[B]Primärstaffel[/B]
Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger (Squadron Commander) - 4 confimed kills
Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz (2nd in Command) - 9 confirmed kills (Marksman I Ace Ability)
Leutnant Otto Drescher - 3 confirmed kills
Leutnant Tammo Dieter - No confirmed kills
Leutnant Ian Ehrlichmann - 1 confirmed kill
Leutnant Hans Kaufmann - No confirmed kills

[B]Helfenstaffel[/B]
Oberleutnant Joachim Lisbon - 10 confirmed kills (Deadly Aim I and Lucky Git I Ace Abilities)
Leutnant Thorsten Müller - 4 confirmed kills
Leutnant Tobias Neumann - 2 confirmed kills
Leutnant Sven Michelson - No kills

[B]Pilots KIA and MIA:[/B]
Leutnant Anselm Bergmann - 2 confirmed kills (KIA November 3, 1915)
Leutnant Rüdiger Kuefer - 2 confirmed kills (KIA December 2, 1915)

Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz" to Digg Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz" to del.icio.us Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 5: Dangerous Waltz" to Google

Comments

Don't give him the Max Quim. You know what happens to Aces who get the Max. It will all end in tears by a graveside for Rita.
    Rob.
    That was the best comment you ever done about this solo campaign, Rob.
    Did any of the Blue Max awarded pilots survived the war? I wonder.
    I don't know? They had done quite well to get through the First World War, and the Spanish Civil War. Udet topped himself, and Did Goring ever actually get the Max or just award it to himself?
    As far as the WWII equivalent goes I know nothing!
    Rob.
    Udet won it and was alive and well after WW1.
    Goering won the Blue Max in 1918. Pilots who won the Blue Max:

Kurt Wintgens, the first military aviator ever to down an enemy aircraft with a synchronized machine gun (July 1915), earned his medal in July 1916 with as many as 22 total victories.
    Hermann Göring, decorated as an ace pilot in June 1918, later Reichsmarschall, head of the Luftwaffe, and Third Reich second in command.
    Manfred von Richthofen, better known as the "Red Baron," the top-scoring ace of World War I.
    Lothar von Richthofen, his brother.
    Ernst Udet, second-highest-scoring German ace of World War I.
    Werner Voss, fourth-highest-scoring German ace of World War I.
    Josef Jacobs, German flying ace with 48 victories.His total tied him with Werner Voss. ace of World War I.
    Bruno Loerzer, German flying ace with 44 victories.
    Gotthard Sachsenberg, German flying ace with 31 victories.
    Kurt Wolff, German flying ace with 33 victories.
    Heinrich Kroll, German flying ace with 33 victories.
    Max Immelmann, with Oswald Boelcke, one of the first aviator recipients.
    Oswald Boelcke, with Max Immelmann, among the first aviator recipients.
    Rudolf Berthold, high-ranking German ace shot to death by German communists in 1920.
    Robert Ritter von Greim, World War I ace and World War II field marshal.
    Eduard Ritter von Schleich, better known as the "Black Knight", destroyed 35 enemy aircraft.
    Carl Menckhoff, fighter ace, with 39 confirmed victories.
    Ernst von Hoeppner, Commanding General of the Air Service.
    Theo Osterkamp, naval aviator and World War I ace; also scored six victories in World War II and became a Luftwaffe general.

Some of these lived to show it.