Ares Games

Blackronin

Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign

Rate this Entry
[B]Rudder Jams[/B]
Play the Rudder Jam damage as normal, ie no move in that direction for 1 game turn, then remove one L or R turn as appropriate from the manoeuvre deck for the rest of the game (and a one appropriate sharp turn if aircraft has one); damage is cumulative. This is a house rule but it adds a permanence to the damage and is representing reduced rudder efficiency.
[I][B]Clarification: [/B][/I]Sideslips are not counted as turns for removal in this rule; Only 1 turn card removed per damage unless the aircraft has an appropriate sharp turn then it is 2 turn cards, one long, one sharp.

[B]Wounded Pilot[/B]
In addition to the usual rules a pilot taking a wound will, in his whole next turn, fly the same manoeuvre that he was flying when he took the hit (eg if he was turning left he will play 3 left turns) and will be unable to shoot.
He will begin the next turn with a straight and again will not be able to shoot but after that card he can play whatever card he likes & shoot as current restrictions allow. If he was wounded whilst playing a card that would make an illegal move when played three at a time then it is considered he has spun away from the battle out of control & come to in time to save his aircraft & get home. This is a house rule, it reflects the impact of taking a wound & getting it back together.

[B]Morale[/B]
Virtual pilot aircraft may break off if badly damaged. If an enemy aircraft takes at least ฝ damage, it must make a morale check. Make a second check at +2 if it goes down to 1 or 2 points remaining.

Roll 1d6:
+1 for each Special Damage card taken
-1 for each Trait the pilot has gained
+1 for each enemy aircraft (not disengaging)
-1 for each friendly aircraft (not disengaging)

If the modified roll is 6+, the aircraft will attempt to disengage. Disengaging aircraft will attempt to exit their side's short edge as directly as possible, and will avoid combat, but may still take shots of opportunity. Observers may still fire as normal. Aircraft with pilot or engine damage and/or on fire will instead attempt to make an emergency landing if they are at height 6 or less.

[B][U]Kills Confirmation Table (2D6)[/U][/B]

Kill is confirmed on a 7+

[B][I]Modifiers:[/I][/B]
Enemy downed on enemy side of trench lines -3
Enemy downed on friendly side of trench lines +3
Any friendly aircraft within 1 rulers distance +1
Enemy aircraft was on fire +1
Combat won +1
Combat lost -1
Friendly balloon or friendly troops on scenario +1

[B][U]Ace Abilities for the Campaign[/U][/B]

[B]Acrobatic Pilot I:[/B] Pilot can perform Immelmann w/o playing a straight after it - once every two turns

[B]Acrobatic Pilot II:[/B] Pilot can perform Immelmann w/o playing a straight before or after it - once every two turns

[B]Daredevil Pilot I:[/B] Pilot can perform 2 steep moves in a row - once every two turns

[B]Daredevil Pilot II:[/B] Pilot can perform 3 steep moves in a row - once every two turns

[B]Evasive Manoeuvres I:[/B] Pilot cannot be tailed unless tailing pilot is also an ace

[B]Evasive Manoeuvres II:[/B] When shot at in consecutive turns Pilot ignores the +1 rule

[B]Exceptional Pilot I:[/B] The player can add an extra copy of one card from his manoeuvre deck

[B]Exceptional Pilot II:[/B] The player can add an extra copy of one card from any plane of the same or earlier years (but no Immelmann for a two seater if it doesn't already have one)

[B]Deadly Aim I:[/B] Pilot can add +1 aim bonus even if he didn't shoot at plane in previous phase (This is only to the first damage card drawn). - Once per turn

[B]Deadly Aim II:[/B] If at close range pilot can add +1 aim bonus even if he didn't shoot at plane in previous phase, this is in addition to Deadly Aim I (This is to the damage of every card drawn). - Once per turn.

[B]Dedicated Ground Crew I:[/B] This aircraft will ignore GREEN jammed special damage.

[B]Dedicated Ground Crew II:[/B] This aircraft will ignore ALL jammed special damage.

[B][B]Lucky Git I:[/B][/B] Pilot can ignore damage from a single card except the explosion card - Once per sortie

[B]Lucky Git II:[/B] Pilot can ignore damage from a single Attack - Once per sortie

[B]Marksman I:[/B] When the Ace fires at an enemy aircraft he draws 2 cards & determines which 1 is given, at close range he draws 3 cards & determines which 2 are given - can use every two turns - The other cards reshuffled in the deck. (If the ace is an AI pilot, the order of damage done is: Explosion, then the higher damage. If there is a draw, special damage with the following line: Fire/pilot Wounded/jam/smoke/rudder jam.)

[B]Marksman II:[/B] When the Ace fires at an enemy aircraft he draws 3 cards & determines which 1 is given, at close range he draws 4 cards & determines which 2 are given - can use every two turns - The other cards reshuffled in the deck. (If the ace is an AI pilot, the order of damage done is: Explosion, then the higher damage. If there is a draw, special damage with the following line: Fire/pilot Wounded/jam/smoke/rudder jam.)

[B]Quick Shot I:[/B] Pilot fires & resolves damage before pilots without Quick Shot ability - aircraft shot down do not get to shoot.

[B]Quick Shot II:[/B] Pilot resolves fire before manoeuvres in a phase are executed but cannot fire again after manoeuvring that phase. Aircraft destroyed do not move or fire. Once every two turns.

Submit "Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign" to Digg Submit "Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign" to del.icio.us Submit "Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign" to StumbleUpon Submit "Some Chosen Solo Rules for the Wings of War an Glory Campaign" to Google

Comments

Excellent Joaquim.
    I think that my gaming group will use your "Rudder Jam" Solo-play House Rule as a normal game and PBeM House Rule.
    Also your "Wounded Pilot" Solo-play House Rule we will also use for normal games and for PBeM games, but with some modifications.
    Thank you.
    Bruce
    You're most welcome, Bruce.