Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

New Year = New Energy!

Rate this Entry
Da boys (Smitch, The G Dog, and Adler64) and I have been getting some gaming in with more on the immediate horizon! That, coupled with a slow down at work after the holiday season that allows me to recoup my life a bit, has got my Wings of Glory sap rising (I was going to say juices flowing...).

Last weekend several of us met at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg, which is south of Dayton, in good ol' Ohio. We played three games of Wings of Glory, took a beer break, I mean lunch break, and then played a bit of Star Trek Attack Wing. A full day of gaming and great camaraderie to boot! We are going to get together and game some more Wings of Glory along with Check Your 6 this coming Sunday, then game again on the 25th, doing Wings of Glory, Check Your 6, and Attack Wing! Three gaming sessions within a month's time...it has been a long, long time since I have been able to accomplish that!

More pictures can be found HERE. You have to check out The G Dog's floatplanes. Let's just say that while they are beautiful to look at, they seem to need better luck on the gaming table.

Because of this sudden burst of gaming excitement, I have gone out and ordered a few Great War titles that I am eagerly awaiting (Allied Aviation, Aces of Jagdstaffel 17, Austro-Hungarian Albatros Aces). I have also "gone Romulan" and bought the starter set for Star Trek Attack Wing and an additional Romulan ship. I have to be honest, I know next to nothing about the Star Trek world. I was never a fan of the original series, I did watch several episodes of The Next Generation, saw some of the movies (the first movie almost ruined Star Trek completely for me...what a waste of time), but beyond that I have no idea what I am doing. Who cares...I am gaming!

I digress from the Wings of Glory topic there...sorry for that. I am just happy to blend life, hiking, and gaming together a bit! Anyway, I am SO eager for the next few series to go into production, and plan on finally doing my own work using colinwe's excellent planes. Actually, I like all the Shapeways offerings, but the fact that colinwe puts pegs on the bottom of his makes his offerings that much more enticing...one less step for me! I've been looking at adding another Pfalx D.XII or two, and perhaps some Austro-Hungarian planes as well (the Phonix D types and Hansa-Brandenburg D.I). I need some earlier war planes to go against The G Dog's Macchi floatplanes!

Submit "New Year = New Energy!" to Digg Submit "New Year = New Energy!" to del.icio.us Submit "New Year = New Energy!" to StumbleUpon Submit "New Year = New Energy!" to Google

Comments