Ares Games

Blackronin

The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
[B][I]May 24, 1940[/I][/B]

"Are you telling me that you've fought in the Armée de l'Air and now you want to join the Royal Air Force. Is that it?" "Yes sir. That's exactly what I'm saying." "Have you abandoned the Armée de l'Air? Are you just another rat abandoning the ship when it is sinking?" "No sir. The French don't have fighters enough for them to fly so they let me go with all the other "etrangéres"." "They did? But they keep asking for British squadrons." "Yes sir. But soon the United Kingdom will need every experienced pilot it can muster." "I won't deny that. You do speak a pretty good English so let's gamble here and enlist you. Polish?" "No sir. Portuguese." "Oh! I see. Polish." "What? No. I said Portuguese." And I said Polish. Do you understand?" "Oh. All right, sir. I've been in Poland piloting a PZL 11 so I can very well be a Polish alright..." "Very well. Name?" "Joaquim Ferreira." "What?! No. No. No. You're name is Joachim Franciszek, do you understand?" "Yes sir, I do." "Good then. Speak with Sargent Smith-Laurent and he'll give you what you need." "Thank you, sir." "Carry on then."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Prologue/prologue1.jpg[/IMG]

[B][I]May 25, 1940[/I][/B]

"Do you have combat experience Franciszek?! Any air combat experience?" "Yes sir. I do!" "In how many combat missions have you flown?" "I don't know sir. Many." "You don't know? You don't know? Care to elaborate on that?" "I've fought in Spain, in Poland and in France, sir! For several years now, sir. I lost the count." "Really?! Lost the count?!" "Yes, sir!""And have you shot down enemy planes?" "Yes sir." "How many?" "Eleven sir." "Elev... Really?! Do you have proof of that?" "No sir." "I see. Here it counts nothing, do you understand, Franciszek?" "You start with zero score." "Yes sir." "What kind of planes have you shot down, Franciszek?" "Italians. CR-42's sir. Germans. Me-109. Stukas. Bombers." Very well. Let's assign you to a Squadron and get you out of here the soonest the possible."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Prologue/prologue4.jpg[/IMG]

[B][I]May 26, 1940[/I][/B]

"So, do you really think that you can fly a British fighter in combat without any previous training, is that it?" "Yes sir." "What have you flown already in the Armée de l'Air?" "Dewoitines 520, sir and P-40's." "Mmmm... are they any good?" "Yes sir. The Dewoitine is a dancer, sir and the P-40 has the skin of a rhino and is very steady to fly." "Well, I won't let you fly right away before a proper training, but let's see what your squadron commander tells me about your skills. Kyte will decide that for us." "Yes sir. Thank you sir." "For a Polish, you speak very well English." "Thank you, sir."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Prologue/prologue2.jpg[/IMG]

[B][I]May 27, 1940[/I][/B]

"Franciszek!!" "Yes Flying Officer Kyte?!" "Get acquainted with that Hurricane. We might need your services soon." "Very well, sir! Why sir?" "Our boys are surrounded in Dunkirk. The Luftwaffe is pounding on them heavily. We must cover for them and I fear we're not nearly enough. You have one day to get intimate it your Hurry." "Yes, sir! Thank you sir! I'll do that, sir! Can I paint my Hurricane's nose red, sir?" "What? Why?" "For luck, sir." "Very well. We'll need all the luck that we can grab ourselves to." "Thank you sir!""I hope that you are as good as it seems, Joachim." "Yes sir."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Prologue/prologue3.jpg[/IMG]

Submit "The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)" to Digg Submit "The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)" to del.icio.us Submit "The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)" to Google

Updated 12-29-2013 at 13:49 by Blackronin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

"Very entertaining. One might almost say a highly polished performance Joachim."
    Kyte winked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte
    "Very entertaining. One might almost say a highly polished performance Joachim."
    Kyte winked.
    Nice choice of words, my friend.
    Nice into to your Port/Pole Pilot Joaquim.
    Looking forward to his exploits!
    Thanks, Barry. I'm uploading the first one at this very moment.
    Looking forward to Joaquim's exploits. Great start, will we be seeing a little of Dunkirk?
    Sure we will. If I can work out a coastline and port facilities.
    Very entertaining, dear Quim! Let's unfold the story...
    Thanks, dear Andy. It will unfold very quickly.
    Great, im loving it.
    Thanks, Nick.