Ares Games

Blackronin

Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
[B][I]October 1, 1915[/I][/B]

Oberst Metzger was waiting for me at the dining hall. Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger and Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz were also there. The three of them were calmly seated. "Have you called me, Sir?" I've asked while I saluted all my superior officers. "Yes indeed I did, Joachim. Have a glass of brandy. please." he paused. "I have three things to tell you and I don't want you to wait with your mouth dry." I admit that at that moment I got scared. I poured slowly the brandy in the glass and I waited. "We've received a medal for you. The cross of iron second class for your first kill, son. A bit late now that you deserve at least the cross of iron first class. But better late than never." Oberleutnant Schultz stood up and put the medal around my neck. "Well deserved, Joachim." And we both saluted at each other.

Oberst Metzger nodded his head. "Now for the second issue. "We received an experimental fighter to be tested and we decided that you would be the perfect candidate. It's yours." I smiled. "Thank you, Oberst Metzger! I'm honoured." He waived his hand. "Yes, yes. The most important is never to cross to the Entente side with this machine, do you understand?" I nodded. Oberleutnant Schultz laughed. "That and the daily report for Err Fokker." And the other two joined the laugher. I couldn't understand why.

"Lastly", said Rittmeister Schlesinger, "you will take care of the newly formed Helfenstaffel of the first squadron." I opened my eyes wide with surprise. "And Oberleutnant Schultz?" Rittmeister Schlesinger smiled. "He's my second in command. I need him to take care of things for me." I saluted them all. "Danke! I'll do my best." They all rose from their chairs and filled their glasses. "Let's celebrate your medal and join the others at the mess, Joachim." And we all drank our brandy.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Interlude%202%20-%20Experimental%20Fighter/ExperimentalFighter.jpg[/IMG]

These new changes made me the leader of the support squadron (a half squadron, in fact) and gave me more responsibilities. But that's life. The new organization of our reinforced squadron was this:

Oberst Metzger (3rd Kest Commander)
Commands 3 Squadrons and 3 Observation Planes

[B]Ours is the Erste Verstärkte Staffel (First Reinforced squadron)[/B]
Squadron kills - 25 kills

[B]Primärstaffel[/B]
Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger (Squadron Commander) - 4 confimed kills
Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz (2nd in Command) - 9 confirmed kills (Marksman I Ace Ability)
Leutnant Anselm Bergmann - 2 confirmed kills
Leutnant Otto Drescher - 1 confirmed kill
Leutnant Rüdiger Kuefer - 1 confirmed kill
Leutnant Tammo Dieter - No confirmed kills

[B]Helfenstaffel[/B]
Oberleutnant Joachim Lisbon - 7 confirmed kills (Deadly Aim I Ace Ability)
Thorsten Müller - 1 confirmed kill
Tobias Neumann - No confirmed kills

Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter" to Digg Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter" to del.icio.us Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter" to Google

Updated 01-12-2014 at 03:02 by Blackronin

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Great. Just the ticket Quim.
    I look forward to watching the plot develop.
    Thanks, Rob.
    Will do. Soon.