Ares Games

Stormkahn

Painting the Helmut Ju88A (Part 5)

Rate this Entry
Decal time!! This is the bit I love because the model really comes to life :)

Having cut up the crosses supplied with the model I proceeded to soak the 1st one and waited for it to get slidey. And waited and waited and waited. After 3-4 minutes I pulled it out and pulled the backing paper apart, it was very thick indeed but split in layers easily enough. Another minute or so and it went of fine.

With the subsequent ones I soaked them briefly before splitting the backing off and that went much better indeed.

One of them seemed to split but I got away with that, another split into 3 parts but with some careful alignment I got them together on the model like a jigsaw.

One of the swastikas went on the tail and just would not move, it's slightly out of place but not too bad. I can also note that the swastikas don't have a white boarder which it seems to on all the reference work.

The worst case is on the upper wing where one of the decals has bilstered and split, having taken advice I have some micro sol inbound so for now it's time to down tools and await the postie....

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10763&d=1300746409[/IMG]

Submit "Painting the Helmut Ju88A (Part 5)" to Digg Submit "Painting the Helmut Ju88A (Part 5)" to del.icio.us Submit "Painting the Helmut Ju88A (Part 5)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Painting the Helmut Ju88A (Part 5)" to Google

Updated 03-23-2011 at 02:12 by Stormkahn

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments