Ares Games

Files: Italian Front Campaign 1918

Italian Front Campaign 1918

Uploaded by Watchdog - 07-30-2011
Author Author Watchdog
File Size File Size 84.6 KB
Downloads Downloads 268
+ Download
This campaign takes place over the "forgotten front" in Italy, during the first months of 1918. The sides are the squadrons of the British Expeditionary Force in Italy and the squardriglias of the Italian Regio Esercito and on the opposing side the Fliegerkompanies of the Austro Hungarian Kaiserliche und Königliche Luftfahrtruppen, aided by the units of the German Luftstreitskräfte.

This linear campaign has 5 missions. You can use either miniatures or cards, or a combination of both. Some aircraft available for the campaign do not have an official miniature, but all have an official card.

As the base I used the missions listed in the official rules, but with some changes. Mission 4 was originally a mission created ad hoc during one gaming session.

Note: This is my first attempt to create a WoW campaign, aiming at one that can easily be played over one weekend. It may need some serious playtesting before it is refined and polished.

Version 1.1 - I added more aircraft (I decided not to use the AB/A Bristol F2B in the list as it is too powerful) and made some clarifications of the rules.

Version 1.2 (13th December 2011) - I added the German Luftstreitskräfte to the Central Powers with Halberstadt D.III, Albatros D.III, Albatros D.Va and Roland C.II as available aircraft, since those were flown by the units sent to Italy between September 1917 and March 1918. This should add some more variation to the campaign. I also made some minor changes to wording.

Comments & Criticism most welcome.

Images

• Italian Front Campaign 1918

Comments

KiltedWolf
08-28-2012 at 11:02
Outstanding effort! Looking forward to adding this to our new campaign -- thanks!