Ares Games

Files: Solo Campaign Rules (updated 14/04/11)

Solo Campaign Rules (updated 14/04/11)

Rate this File
Uploaded by IRM - 04-14-2011
Author Author Iain McGhee
File Size File Size 1.30 MB
Downloads Downloads 477
+ Download
Added a few more house rules, a few tweaks here and there and some adds/changes due to new official rules being released since the original file.

Images

• Solo Campaign Rules (updated 14/04/11)

Comments

Cardinal
04-24-2011 at 18:35
I love the way this looks. I really look forward to tryin this Solo-play idea
steel_ratt
04-26-2011 at 07:05
An enjoyable system... but I have a few questions.
- When placing random defenses, are these generated for each target or just once for the scenario as a whole?
- When rolling morale, is the airplane being rolled for itself considered a 'friendly aircraft'?
- For fighter sweep dogfights, is the number of enemy flights dictated by the starting strength of the friendly force, or are the number of enemies reduced if several friendly planes have been shot down or forced to return to base?
- If a friendly aircraft is forced to leave the table through a non-friendly edge, what happens to it? (It may have been unable to turn due to special damage, but be otherwise healthy enough to return to base.) Is it lost? Is the pilot lost or captured?
- For balloon busting missions, what is the availability of rockets and/or incendiary bullets? What is the availability and usage of incendiary bullets overall?
- How prescient are virtual pilots? Do virtual pilots take into account the planned moves of the enemy when planning their own moves, or do they make 'fairly obvious' moves?
- When virtual pilots disengage, how actively do they 'avoid combat'? Will they try to avoid flying past enemies on their way off the board or do they exit 'as directly as possible' without regard to flying in front of the enemy's guns?
- If an enemy flies off the board with enough damage (on fire or with no engine, for example) to cause it to go down or be forced down, is this considered a 'kill' for purposes of pilot skill points? If an enemy plane is forced to crash, is that a kill?
- When does the campaign start? It would seem that you would be more likely to have planes left if you start in January 1918 than if you start in January 1915. (The listing of planes suggests an early 1917 start.)
- When playing as the Central Powers, what are the chances of facing enemies of different nationalities? (I have improvised a simply week-by-week 50% British/French roll.)
- Also, clarification needs to be made in some areas regarding target numbers for die rolls, for example clarifying "6 or more" vs "more than 6"
I'm having fun with the system even though I have only tested out 2 1/2 weeks of a campaign! I'm looking forward to more.
IRM
08-01-2011 at 14:21
Steel_Ratt's questions, plus a few more, answered here:
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-Rules-updated