Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Glory Blog: Entry number 11

by , 04-25-2015 at 04:00 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]This weekend will see WGS played on the dining room table [/B]with the Wife at home allowing her to experience what the game is like playing on my new [I]120 cm x 120 cm Gaming Mat [/I]... Which as found out last Wednesday is indeed a very different experience than what is offered by the [I]90 cm x 90 cm Compact Gaming Environment.[/I] Due to a delay in joining me at Galactic Models Gaming Night the Wife never had a chance to play on the new mat there as her arrival there coincided with the conclusion ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Glory Blog: Entry number 10

by , 04-23-2015 at 04:13 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Today I am still [B]buzzing[/B] after the successes witnessed at Galactic Models Gaming Night (Derby city centre) yesterday. Where thanks to circumstances beyond our control the Wife was delayed returning from Edinburgh leaving me to play the entire night solitaire / go it alone ... But this is what happened. I originally planned to play two possibly three different scenarios on a brand new 120 cm x 120 cm gaming mat which I had spent the day putting together. But it took just one scenario which ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Glory Blog: Entry number 9

by , 04-22-2015 at 07:48 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    It's [B]Wednesday[/B] and as I get ready to attend the usual fixture in this neck of the woods later [B](Galactic Models Gaming Night, Derby city centre)[/B] I find myself doing so with a brand new 120 cm x 120 cm Gaming Mat! Up until the medium bombers appeared everything was working fine with my other 90 cm x 90 cm mat (compact gaming environment) which is where too much began to fly off the edge of the board by accident for my liking. Due to the bombers being less agile and manoeuverable these ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Glory Blog: Entry Number 8

by , 04-20-2015 at 18:37 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Well ... Last week seemed to go from [B]nought to sixty in five seconds. Or rather the reverse of that [/B]with [I]sixty[/I] being when we had plenty of [I]'trade over Maidstone' [/I]one day and [I]nought [/I]being having to CANCEL :eek: the [I]weekly WGS action at Galactic Models Gaming Night [/I]due to a tutoring commitment last week (Wednesday!)

Thanks to the same tutoring programme demanding the commitment which it has been over the last few days hardly anything in terms of WGS ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Mission #11, mission 3B Balloon Busting

Mission #11 Mission 3B Balloon Busting.

Type: Balloon Busting
    Players: Central Powers: Steve B. (me) (Red D111), Tom (Tan D111) and Steve S.(Grey D111)
    Allies: Gary (Sopwith Triplane with C), Casey (Sopwith Triplane with red cross) and Taylor (yellow Sopwith Triplane)
    Setup: per scenario rules. CP: 1 random ground targets revealed to be a building.
    Allies two balloons with 4 AA guns and one random ground target revealed to be a building.
    Results: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast