Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Military Heritage Chapter of the League of World War One Historians

Name:  over-the-front.png
Views: 686
Size:  41.6 KB
    Damn, that is one long-assed name for a group of folks, based mostly in southwestern and central Ohio, that gather quarterly to talk about World War One aircraft, the men that flew them, and the tactics they used. Anyone is open to join, membership is free, and the group is very welcoming.

The next meeting is slated for January 23rd at the Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center, starting at 1:00 p.m. Chapter member Mike Rogers will be ...
  2. Dawn Patrol Rendezvous Recap

There are a SLEW of pictures found in this album: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=3126

I believe I have recovered sufficiently enough to put together a bit of a summary of my experiences of the recent Dawn Patrol, held at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Overall, it was a great weekend. The weather cooperated with cool morning temps ...
  3. New Display Model of the Tommy - National Museum of the United States Air Force

Recently on a trip with some great Check Your 6! gents we saw a new display in the lobby of the Air Force Museum. We all looked at the model, and came away with Sopwith Camel. I should have known better. It is a see through model of the Thomas-Morse Scout!

Great video of the model and its builder:

4. Over the Front - Military Heritage Chapter Meeting

Over the Front, the League of World War One Aviation Historians, has two chapters that meet on occasion. For those of you near the National Museum of the United States Air Force, the Military Heritage Chapter is meeting at 1:00 p.m. on January 25th at the museum. I am not certain if there are chapter membership dues (will post as soon as I find out), but for those "historians" within ...
  5. The Tommy

I took a few hours away from work last week to make a quick jaunt to the National Museum of the United States Air Force. My job is extremely busy during the holiday season (I am a director in an online retail call center with twenty-one different companies) and there are times I just need to break away. What would calm my soul? A visit to the Early Years Gallery at the museum!

I snapped several pictures while in the gallery, trying to get all "artsy" with my camera angles ...