Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Voss Effect

Name:  Lastdance.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  50.1 KB

I have been working a bit with camelbeagle on a Voss scenario. Well, Dan has been doing most of the work, but I have been making a few suggestions about setup, aircraft, using more accurate climb rates, that sort of thing. For those who do not know, I have a side business - I give tours and talks related to the Civil War - American that is. So, historical accuracy is fairly important to me. Dan has planned a four on four fight, simply to keep the amount ...
  2. Polish-Soviet War II

While not a lot has happened on this front in terms of getting aircraft painted, I was able to grab a Sopwith Camel repaint that camelbeagle picked up I believe from an eBay purchase (if the Camel in the picture was painted by one of the members of this forum, please let me know!). I know of at least one Camel in the Kościuszko Squadron that was brought in by one of the British members of the unit, however the artwork I have seen has the squadron insignia closer towards the tail, and does not ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  3. The Polish-Soviet War Project

Yeah, I need an intervention as I have plenty of projects to work on, but this one intrigues me. At one time I was going to do a 1792 Russian-Polish War project in 15mm, but alas the company that started making the figures never released more than a few packs, and the project withered on the vine. But as part of that project I read a bio on Andrzej Tadeusz Bonawentura Kościuszko and ...
  4. Ohio Game Day

Tossing around the idea of the Wright Flight hosting an all day event at Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton and using the blog to capture preliminary thoughts. Perhaps some prizes or an "Ohio Cup" for the player with the most points at the end of the day. This would be held on a Saturday (thinking late fall or early winter) and go until 6 or 7ish to allow players from a bit further afield to attend and make the drive worth their time. Fellow Wright Flighter camelbeagle I believe has a point ...
  5. Another Project - The Ponnier M.1

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  128.6 KB
    One of the smallest of Great War fighters, which might have led to its perceived poor performance as being nose heavy. Nungesser disliked the plane, and unknown (at the time) Willi Coppens did not want to fly it either. But Coppens would have had no "clout" in 1916, and Nungesser was performing acrobatics at 200 meters in an unfamiliar plane was led to him being injured.

However, I feel that the Ponnier has been unfairly represented. ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast