Ares Games

Most Popular Blogs

1. How to do an Observation Balloon

I needed a balloon so I decided to scratchbuild one. With the nice help of Dave (Clipper) on correct measurements I start making the paper moulds for the Balloon. You can look for the plans in the file section:

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42612&d=1335351216[/IMG]

After the moulds were created, I cut the numerous parts in cardboard from a pizza package. I love pizza and I love cardboard.

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42613&d=1335351231[/IMG] ...
  2. Scenario 1 Turn 10

Currently the Bloody April game is at turn 10. It is March 4th 1918. The current time is 10:48 AM The weather is clear, and a 15 MPH wind blows from the northeast.
    The air is full of planes this morning with:

2 Sqn (Counter 1) performing an artillery cooperation mission trying to soften up fortifications in Lens.
    2 Sqn (Counter 2) is just finishing up a photo recon mission over the Provin aerodrome and the railway around it. The aerodrome might be getting some ...

Updated 05-07-2013 at 08:30 by diceslinger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Road to Cancon 2013 - Temora Aviation Museum

As I made good time on Day 1 of the Brisbane to Canberra trip I had time for a detour to the small town of Temora on Day 2. Temora is the home of the Temora Aviation Museum, home to the No. 10 Elementary Flying Training School (10 EFTS) set up by the RAAF in May 1941 under the Empire Air Training Scheme (EATS) during the Second World War. Their website is here: http://www.aviationmuseum.com.au/

Name:  Cancon Trip Temora 1.jpg
Views: 3826
Size:  242.5 KB

Name:  Cancon Trip Temora 2.jpg
Views: 3146
Size:  171.8 KB

Updated 05-15-2014 at 07:34 by Carl_Brisgamer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Road to Cancon 2013 - Australian War Memorial (Part One)

Name:  AWM entrance.jpg
Views: 3105
Size:  122.3 KB

On the Friday of Cancon 2013 the convention hall was not opening at midday, giving me a free morning. Whenever I'm in Canberra there is one place I always visit, the Australian War Memorial. Established as a national memorial to all Australian soldiers, sailors and airmen who had fallen in the South African War and the Great War construction started in the late 1920's and the original building was completed in 1941. Since then it has expanded to include ...

Updated 05-15-2014 at 07:36 by Carl_Brisgamer

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter

[B][I]October 1, 1915[/I][/B]

Oberst Metzger was waiting for me at the dining hall. Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger and Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz were also there. The three of them were calmly seated. "Have you called me, Sir?" I've asked while I saluted all my superior officers. "Yes indeed I did, Joachim. Have a glass of brandy. please." he paused. "I have three things to tell you and I don't want you to wait with your mouth dry." I admit that at that ...

Updated 01-12-2014 at 03:02 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast