Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 3: Hide & Seek

[B][I]August 28, 1915[/I][/B]

"So, Joachim, do you care to take to the air with me?" I gasped, almost dropped the small wooden plane I was carving and looked at Oberleutnant Schultz smiling face. I was about to jump but in the last second I controlled myself. "Don't mind if I do, sir", I replied trying to maintain a calm voice, "some exercise would do me good." He laughed and patted me strongly in my arm. "Well said, Joachim! Well said! Meet me at ...

Updated 12-09-2013 at 07:04 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 1: Grounded

[I][B]August 21, 1915[/B][/I]

For almost a month now, I've been grounded. My fellow pilots talk kindly with me and even Oberleutnant Schultz recounts their combats to me with sympathy and humour, but I'm never asked to join them in the morning and my plane is flown by another pilot. I endure, taking strolls, helping the ground crew, reading and napping.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Interlude%201%20-%20Grounded/Interlude1Grounded01.jpg[/IMG] ...
  3. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 2: Hubris

[RIGHT]
    [B]hubris[/B]
    [I]noun
    1. excessive pride or self-confidence.
    synonyms: arrogance, conceit, conceitedness, haughtiness,
    pride, vanity, self-importance, self-conceit, pomposity,
    superciliousness, feeling of superiority;[/I][/RIGHT]

[I][B]July 29, 1915[/B][/I]

I guess that what really hurt me the most was not the fact that my actions and lack of them cost us so many men and helped the enemy during this battle. What hurt ...
  4. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 1: First Blood

[B][I]July 12, 1915[/I][/B]

The air was hot even in the beginning of the morning as the sun was showing itself. The sky was electric blue and not one cloud dared to draw white into the landscape. "Let's go", said Oberleutnant Schultz, "today we'll hunt the front lines." I smiled but I was scared. For two weeks Oberleutnant Schultz tutored me into following him and in getting the best position in a dogfight, but this was the first time he told me we would go in ...
  5. Wings of War and Glory - Prologue: Arriving at the Aerodrome

It was June 28, 1915 the day I arrived the aerodrome at the front. I was asked to join the Fliegertruppen des deutschen Kaiserreiches (Imperial German Flying Corps) after my Infantry superiors decided that I was a good shot and had the eyes of a lynx. After spending four months learning to fly, I received my order to join the 3rd Kest. Kest means [I]Kampfeinsitzerstaffel[/I] (Combat single-seater squadron), and it was the name of fighter squadrons before they became known as Jastas in late 1916 ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images