Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 12 - Opening Stages

[B][I]July 11, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]After Dunkirk we've had less than a month to build up the battered and dwindled squadrons that fought in France. Under the guidance of Squadron Leader Kyte we've made several flights getting acquainted with the Spitfires. But it wasn't enough. The pilots that became Green Section arrived three days ago. And now the Germans were again on the move. Sinking ships and probing our defenses. And once again, we weren't ready. But this time, we had at least ...
  2. Glory Blog: Entry number 26

by , 06-16-2015 at 09:36 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Amidst another week with plenty going on Glory-wise [/B]I'm pleased to report how due to a stroke of luck I now have a [B]Supermarine Spitfire Mk II[/B] on the way. This Wings of War aircraft was bought off E-Bay yesterday when I discovered that I had a[I] £10 Off An Item [/I]voucher on there to redeem. Reducing this Miniature in price to a more acceptable level and so I used this lucky voucher in order to purchase the Spitfire. It is the one with the spelling mistake attached to it ... Listed ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  3. Glory Blog: Entry number 25

by , 06-11-2015 at 08:28 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Last week there was not much Glory[/B] and more 'admin' tasks relating to it ... This week we are making up for lost time in this direction: What with the [B]Yak-1[/B] making it's debut yesterday and[I] Galactic Models Gaming Night[/I] attended. Then today there is talk of a [I]Kitchen Dogfight [/I]after dinner with the Wife - who liked the look of the Yak-1s yesterday so later on she will be able to fly one against me. Opposition TBA still at this moment in time as in terms of real historical ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Glory Blog: Entry number 24

by , 06-10-2015 at 19:22 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Yesterday's Galactic Models Gaming Night [/B]down at my FLGS (friendly local gaming store) turned out to be quite a memorable occasion: It's combat debut time again ... I arrived there to discover that the pair of [B]Yakovlev Yak-1s [/B]which I ordered through them recently had come in earlier than I was expecting to see them this week. Up until this point a plan involving more [I]heavy bomber activity [/I]was on the cards as I was also facing up to three hours Solitaire airtime. But as things ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Glory Blog: Entry number 23

by , 06-08-2015 at 17:42 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Though there has been no actual WGS activity [/B]going on in this direction since last Wednesday (See [B]Glory Blog: Entry number 22[/B]) there has been plenty of ancilliary activity going on in support of the game. This has mostly to do with my decision to build up a [I]sub-fleet of around five to ten [/I]:minis: [I]alongside the regular collection [/I]which is used by the Wife and Myself. The purpose of this brand new [I]sub-fleet [/I]will be to take to events enabling me to contribute to the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast