Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Ohio Game Day

Tossing around the idea of the Wright Flight hosting an all day event at Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton and using the blog to capture preliminary thoughts. Perhaps some prizes or an "Ohio Cup" for the player with the most points at the end of the day. This would be held on a Saturday (thinking late fall or early winter) and go until 6 or 7ish to allow players from a bit further afield to attend and make the drive worth their time. Fellow Wright Flighter camelbeagle I believe has a point ...
  2. Deep Cut Studios - The New Mat

Victor Chapman's Nieuport 11, somewhere over France.

Some weeks ago I had posted on the forum about trying to obtain a gaming mat that would be easy to carry and store, as well as fit the tables at the game store (Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton, Ohio) where the Wright Flight holds its monthly Wings sessions. After much research and gnashing of teeth, I decided to go with a Deep Cut Studio ...
  3. June 10th - Wright Flight Event

Name:  20230105_190929[1].jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  70.3 KB
    Been speaking with CamelBeagle about the next Wright Flight session...heading to a "quiet" front, say over Verdun, for a little Escadrille Americaine (N.124) action, Nieuport 11s and 16s against Eindekkers, both Fokker and Pfalz.

June 10th, noon, at the Dragon's Guildhall in Beavercreek, Ohio (near Dayton).
  4. Pfalzifying

Pfalz E.IV

Needing a few more opponents to face off against the Escadrille Americaine I decided to pick up a couple of Pfalz E types from Reduced Aircraft Factory. (isn't it ironic that we always seem to "need" more planes?) I have enjoyed the full color offerings from RAF, especially since the natural full color nylon 12 (MJF) has been added, making full color planes ...
  5. Ideas for Random Pilot Skills

In an effort to break away from our standard Wright Flight gaming sessions, in which we always start at peg four and no rookies, and rarely aces, I decided to mix things up a bit at the last Wright Flight gathering. To that end we allowed players to choose their starting height, including if they wanted to have climb counters in play, and used the C Deck to determine some random pilot/observer skills/abilities. Each player pulled a card from the deck, and the following parameters were used: ...

Updated 03-20-2023 at 08:04 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast