Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Another Halberstadt Repaint

Name:  P1014839.jpg
Views: 957
Size:  119.9 KBName:  P1014840.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  115.2 KB

First of all, I like the Halberstadt D.III...for an early war plane it holds its own fairly well and is a maneuverable bird. And as there is a shortage of Nexus early war offerings, doing a couple of simple repaints to add more early war aircraft to the Wright Flight arsenal is within my capabilities as a modeler. I bought two Keudell Halbstadts some months back with the object of doing repaints. The first has already debuted ...

Updated 12-21-2015 at 04:34 by predhead

Categories
    Repaints
  2. Expanding the Forces

Name:  Hanriot HD1 DeMeulemeester copy.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  122.4 KBName:  Pfalz E II Bulow.jpg
Views: 1418
Size:  147.4 KBName:  WWF_Ponnier-M1_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1452
Size:  728.7 KBName:  WWF_SopwithPup_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1147
Size:  721.2 KB

Some several months ago I went in with The G Dog, Adler64, and Smitch on a Shapeways order. I already had a plane from a previous order with The G Dog (a Pfalz D.XII), and I was looking to expand my German forces with some needed types not covered by Ares, plus a couple of extra Hanriots for the Belgians (using the Reviresco decals), so I ordered several planes to ...
  3. CHANGE - Next Wright Flight Event - December 19th

We had such a grand time last Saturday with nine crafty fliers appearing over the front. Furballs ensued as Eindeckers and Bullets tangled, and as players were knocked out, they had to wait a full turn before choosing their next aircraft. With a random entry roll, it created some interesting encounters.

We'll be gaming again on December 19th, 10:30 at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg, Ohio. We'll start with Belgians vs. Germans, then move ...

Updated 12-21-2015 at 04:35 by predhead

Categories
    Gaming Events
  4. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 13 – Rookies rookies rookies

[B]July 13, 1940[/B]

[I]"What were you doing before you became a pilot, Cael?" "I was working in communications, sir." "You don't have to sir me here, Cael... But you've requested a transfer for pilot training?" "No sir... aaah, Joachim..." "What? How come?" "I was sent to test my vision... I had some problems of... ah... headaches and the Medic Officer said I had excellent vision and that people like me were what the air force ...
  5. Glory Blog: Entry number 38

by , 11-14-2015 at 10:41 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Today is [B]Saturday November 14th [/B]and I have just been playing [I]Solitaire[/I] for three hours. Today's session was a pretty much long-awaited [I]Bombers Outing [/I]which featured the first deployment of [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B] [I]XH560[/I] in over a month as well as a pair of [B]Avro Lancaster B . IIIs [/B]being attacked by Axis Fighters. The Mission for [B]Thunderball 560 [/B]was an outright success as it conventionally bombed a target which was previously known to aircraft and crew whist ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast