Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Story Driven Campaign is (almost) ready to be launched!

by , 06-08-2021 at 03:38 (Tripods & Triplanes: The War of the Worlds, January 1918 onwards)
    [B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=5]Story Driven Campaign: Tripods, Triplanes and The War of the Worlds[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[SIZE=4]In this story-driven Campaign players play out a set of scenarios depicting the events that happened in 'The War of the Worlds' but with a ‘What if…?’ twist in the tale.[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302675[/ATTACH]

[SIZE=4]Players are split into 3 categories (Forces) each vying for supremacy over the Earth.

The Earthling forces ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Strange happenings on Mars

by , 06-04-2021 at 07:11 (Tripods & Triplanes: The War of the Worlds, January 1918 onwards)
    [SIZE=5]Dark omens...[/SIZE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]302416[/ATTACH]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Eve of the New War...

by , 05-31-2021 at 10:14 (Tripods & Triplanes: The War of the Worlds, January 1918 onwards)
    [SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black][U]Foreword[/U][/FONT][/SIZE]

Just a brief starter to say a big 'thank you' to Hedeby and Flying Officer Kyte for helping me sort out how to post a Blog Entry! (Long story mainly involving this narrator's 'operator error')! And another 'thank you' to Hedeby for patiently working with me to get me signed up to the forum in the first place - and to all those who worked in the background to make this happen. And more 'thank yous' go out to the various wingmen ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Orderly Room for Hangar 33...!

After hemming and hawing for a year I finally decided to go for broke and install a log cabin in our garden at Hangar 33 for my war gaming needs - I found a good one measuring 5m x 3m for a good price and ordered it...
    Just in time for the Pandemic to hit... Bugger !

Finally there is progress.
    Whilst I was away in early July enjoying our holiday in Kernow a local chap installed a concrete base to park it on and we're all set to go.
    Name:  IMG-20200716-WA0006.jpg
Views: 29015
Size:  165.8 KB ...
  5. Higher gun versus Collision rule

[QUOTE=Angiolillo;439052]Good day.
    I'd say that the rules are both applied. The situation is not static - the two planes are moving while the one with the upper Lewis is trying to fire and both risk to collide into each other, maybe after bullets are exchanged.

So, when the firing plane has a higher machinegun and a target overlaps its firing cone...

Target plane one level higher: fire at it long range.
    Target plane at same level with climb counters, firing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized