Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Going to guns on the Italian Front with Series Six.

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;238071]Sat down with Tyler, my girlfriend's son, on Saturday night after babysitting him all day and we decided to try out my new series six miniatures. Tyler took the role of the Allies flying an Italian Hanriot and I was the Austro-Hungarians flying an Aviatik. To add to the enjoyment, we opted to playoutside on my patio table so we could get some fresh air as well. This was a great duel that saw lot's of maneuver, and in the end through patience, and some lucky maneuvers, I ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images               
  2. Scenario 2, Turns 12 and 13

[SIZE=4]Turn 13[/SIZE]
    The furball over Cite de Rollencourt broke up with planes scattering only hundreds of feet above the ground.

Jasta 11 (counter B) suffered the loss of 3 Fokker D.VIIs as Schmeling (counter G) couldn't pull out of his low attitude spin and crashed into the ground. German troops found him dead. Knapp’s plane fell from the sky on fire, crashing into a barn, starting a fire. Goetz’s plane crashed into a stand of trees, and German troops found him hanging ...

Updated 08-06-2013 at 14:02 by diceslinger

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. BottosCon 2013 November 8-10, Vancouver Sheraton Guildford Hotel, Surrey, BC

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;223535]BottosCon: A Mere Matter of Gaming

Nov. 8-10, 2013
    Vancouver Sheraton Guildford Hotel, Surrey, British Columbia

The North Shore Wargaming Society is proud to host BottosCon 2013, our SEVENTH ANNUAL gaming convention for all gamers in the Greater Vancouver area and Pacific Northwest.

This year's convention has re-located to the VANCOUVER SHERATON GUILDFORD HOTEL 15269 104th Avenue, Surrey, B.C. We have more gaming space, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. BottosCon 2013 November 8-10, Vancouver Sheraton Guildford Hotel, Surrey, BC

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;223555]Guys, this is a video that was shot at the 2009 convention. This is from our old location, and while there are no miniatures in the video, it conveys the atmosphere and spirit of the convention.

[video=youtube;mVESTReVDjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVESTReVDjY[/video][/QUOTE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. BottosCon 2013 November 8-10, Vancouver Sheraton Guildford Hotel, Surrey, BC

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;232426]Guys, registration for BottosCon 2013 will commence August 8, 2013.

Pre-registration rates are $35.00 and $40.00 if paying at the door. A one day pass is $25.00. All funds are in Canadian dollars if paying via paypal, [email]scouterrob@telus.net[/email]. US dollars will be taken at par if paying at the door.

The deadline for the hotel convention rate of $99.00/night is October 9, 2013.

Convention doors will open at 12 pm Friday ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized