Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Extra Decks - A Deck

Fast it is, and fits the tactics of boom and zoom. Don't dogfight with this deck, use it to dive down on an opponent then climb back to altitude.

Name:  navratil_2.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  78.9 KB

There are a few planes that use this deck, and really most players avoid these planes because they do not perform sexy turns and sideslips, but speed is the key here, and used with a fast climber this deck can cause issues for those more maneuverable birds. The offerings for this deck are the ...
  2. Dawn Patrol Rendezvous Recap

There are a SLEW of pictures found in this album: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=3126

I believe I have recovered sufficiently enough to put together a bit of a summary of my experiences of the recent Dawn Patrol, held at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Overall, it was a great weekend. The weather cooperated with cool morning temps ...
  3. The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Submit a Book Review
    Book Title:
    The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.
    Author:
    Stephen Skinner
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Biography
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    It is not often I read biographies, I tend to stick towards the operation side of things. But for some reason I was drawn to read Stephen Skinner's The Stand: The Final Flight of Lt. Frank Luke, Jr. The better half picked this one up for me recently as a birthday gift (shouldn't our parents - particularly our mothers - be the
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. Spending Spree!

Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
    Airco DH.2
    Aviatik D.I
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    De Havilland D.H.4
    Fokker Dr.I
    Fokker E.III ...
  5. Aerodrome Accessories Orders/New Birds/Readings

Very recently I placed two orders a few days apart for some new toys. Rulers, fire and smoke markers (for scouts, bombers, and balloons), and three aircraft (Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, and the Aviatik D.I). I wanted to enhance my gaming table a bit with the rulers and damage markers, and wanted a couple of early war kites to use. The Linke-Crawford Aviatik just looks so COOL I had to scoop up one of those as well.

Ordering from AA, as I am sure you all know, is very easy. Turnaround ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast