Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Dawn Patrol Rendezvous Recap

There are a SLEW of pictures found in this album: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=3126

I believe I have recovered sufficiently enough to put together a bit of a summary of my experiences of the recent Dawn Patrol, held at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Overall, it was a great weekend. The weather cooperated with cool morning temps ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Interlude 2 – They Called Them Spitfires

June 4, 1940

"Squadron Leader Barrie was fished alive in the Channel", Kyte told us and everybody applauded. "Bad news is, he's got one broken leg, several broken ribs and a few burnings in his face." And all our cheering went silent. "And the others", asked Joachim. Kyte shook his head. “Apart from James and Nick here, there's no notice of any of them." We all look at the group. Six pilots. Five other were gone. One in the hospital for a long ...

Updated 09-15-2014 at 15:45 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 10 - Upper Hand

[I][B]June 3, 1940[/B][/I]

[I]I sat on the sofa after debriefing. Joachim served us all drinks. Eris looked down and we all sipped our drinks silently. After a while, Kyte looked a few moments to his watch. "If they didn't land in another airstrip, the're already out of petrol..." Joachim went out and we sat there waiting. We knew that he went out to call HQ to know what happened to Red and Yellow sections. Eris kept looking down. "If you ever", started Kyte sofly, ...