Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. My Kingdom for...

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    ..a Thomas-Morse S-4C!

Name:  a79a8079dcd039471c113a77ed738bc78c9f5691.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  48.5 KB

It is a very small kingdom I offer, the size of a postage stamp really, but if Shapeways designers can provide us with the Curtiss JN-4 Jenny (thank you Colinwe), and the Kettering Bug (thanks Z's, Kampfflieger, and Columbia Aerodrome), then certainly we can see a Tommy! Did it see service? Yes, albeit as a trainer. But how cool is the Tommy? It was made in large numbers, became the iconic World War I movie plane
  2. The Shapeways Experiment - Part I Prep Work

As you know, there are many designers on Shapeways offering 1/144th scale World War One aircraft. Many of these offerings are now being covered within the Nexus/Ares range of miniatures, but there are many others out there to help fill in those holes not covered by the official game miniatures. Last year I ordered a Plalz D.XII and a Kettering Bug; the Pfalz is still to be painted, while the Bug was kindly painted for me by Smitch. The stories I have heard about my gaming buddies and what they ...
  3. New Year = New Energy!

Da boys (Smitch, The G Dog, and Adler64) and I have been getting some gaming in with more on the immediate horizon! That, coupled with a slow down at work after the holiday season that allows me to recoup my life a bit, has got my Wings of Glory sap rising (I was going to say juices flowing...).

Last weekend several of us met at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg, which is south of Dayton, in good ol' Ohio. We played three games of Wings of Glory, took a beer break, I mean lunch break, ...