Ares Games

Most Popular Blogs

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 2 – In the Wave of the Blitz

[B][I]May 11, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"Allez! Allez! Joachim prend Gaston avec toi et dépêches-toi! Les Boches attaquent! Stukas! Allez! Allez!" I signaled Gaston. A rookie. Confident. Too confident... He followed me quickly. We got inside the cockpit of the D.520s and helped by our mechanics we got ready to roll in the improvised airfield somewhere in North of France. "Suivez-moi. Ne me laisse, Gaston. Tu n'es pas prêt pour batailler sole les Boches." He laughed. "Ça, ...
  2. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 6: Shadows

[B][I]January 25, 1916[/I][/B]

"Wearing my flight coat, Rita?" "Ah! You're back! One more French dead, hei?!" "Yes. I gained one more kill..." "Are you collecting prizes?" "We keep score, yes." "Keeping score on dead people? That is something to be proud of, isn't it?" "They're enemy planes that we fight against, Rita... What's with you?" "I don't know. It's the cold, I guess..." "Yes. It's freezing. ...
  3. Five Pegs and Altitude

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    In looking at altitude but realizing that how our group currently plays with the four-peg option and moving drastically away from that is probably not going to happen, using the advanced altitude rules is most likely a direction we would head as we like the simplicity of four pegs, plus we are most likely not enamored with the thought of changing flight stands that would represent the advanced altitude stats. And one cannot use multiple pegs to represent the advanced altitude as the pegs will tumble...broken
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 8 - Clash of Flights

"Rittmeister Joachim, when will you put your men in their machines and let them fly and fight?! I'm waiting to see how you'll manage your flight. What are you expecting to achieve with all these training days?" "I'm expecting them to return alive, Herr Hauptmann!" "You didn't have all this training before you took your first enemy, did you?" "Nein, Herr Hauptmann! I was lucky. I want them to have a little bit more than just raw luck." "Ah, Rittmeister ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 05:47 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Prague SummerCon 2012 or Beers of Glory - The Tournament Begins

01:02 pm Standing in front of Club Mephit (Arbesovo náměstí 14 in Prague), looking through the glas door, when I was intercepted the first time by the Polish squadron. Nightbomber led the strong formation, giving me a hearty welcome in front of his family and friends.

01:05 pm A friendly staff member of the club opens the door and let us in - two minutes later we're suprised. This is no staff member - it's Watchdog!

Updated 07-31-2012 at 12:47 by Marechallannes

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast