Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Which aircraft are capable of dropping bombs?

[QUOTE=flash;471835]Research is the short answer Mick - there's no official listing but most two seaters were capable, though likely not all did depending on their squadron role.
    Some single seaters were rigged for close support, the Camel in particular was used in that role.
    Here is a list that I roughed out a while back for an unofficial bomb load / points that might give you a start point.

[B]Machine ------------- Payload Kg / lb --------------------- Damage: full ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. General Overview of WWI Miniatures - Timeline and Theaters 2016

[QUOTE=OldGuy59;311156]My first kick at the can [up to 10th edit (Post #36), edits, confirmations, references], trying to emulate Dan-Sam's WWII line-up of minis to conflicts. Was this an eye-opener! I actually have a few interesting options for what was supposed to be a Western Front collection. This is including the proposed Series 9 release, and some substitution suggestions for existing models. I'm not knowledgeable enough to sort out which planes flew where, but I know there are lots of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Gimbal Installation Method

[QUOTE=BryanR;31627]I received my gimbals in the mail from Aerodrome Accessories. Now I just needed to figure out a good way to install them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241113[/ATTACH]

I was planing on gluing the ball part into the plane, and mounting the ring part on a stand like Col. Hajj suggests. I even ordered a bunch of extra ball bearings so I could switch out all my minis, and future minis with the ringed pegs. But I couldn't bring my self to drill into my minis, so I opted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images            
  4. Strategy Advice

[QUOTE=RJames;466900]

Wings of Glory ● Campaign Rules and Awards
    Crash survival:
    • Roll 2d6:
    6 or less: KIA
    7: survives landing but dies of wounds (DOW)
    8: severely injured; must skip 2d6 missions; may fly again thereafter
    9: injured; must skip 1d6 missions; may fly again thereafter
    10: bruised; must skip 1 mission; may fly again thereafter
    11+: unharmed; may fly again immediately ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. My humble collection Feb 2018

Greetings!

Having read the forum posts here for several years and finally signing up recently, I thought I would share my Wings of Glory collection as it stands this month.

Of course it all began years ago with this lovely gift:
    Name:  66DD35AC-5DFC-4B8C-945D-D03C2C9063D7.jpg
Views: 3539
Size:  198.0 KB
    Sadly my kids have accidentally broken my WW1 planes so those WW1 planes will be some of my next purchases this summer.

For now my focus has been on 1/144 scale ...

Updated 02-14-2018 at 14:07 by ArkansasChuck

Categories
    Uncategorized