Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Labor Day 2013 duel

So late in the day on Sunday, my good buddy [URL="http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/member.php?5268-adler64"]Alder64[/URL] and I managed to squeeze in two quick games of WGF. Our goal was to try using altitude for a change.

We selected a DH 2 and a Fokker E.III give two planes of similar ability as the "Fokker Scourge" comes to a close.

The first game went rapidly, with both planes closing to gunnery in the second turn and the DH 2 maneuvering into ...

Updated 09-02-2013 at 12:08 by The G Dog

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images    
  2. The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Submit a Book Review
    Book Title:
    The Stand: The Final Flight of Frank Luke, Jr.
    Author:
    Stephen Skinner
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Biography
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    It is not often I read biographies, I tend to stick towards the operation side of things. But for some reason I was drawn to read Stephen Skinner's The Stand: The Final Flight of Lt. Frank Luke, Jr. The better half picked this one up for me recently as a birthday gift (shouldn't our parents - particularly our mothers - be the
  3. Spending Spree!

Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
    Airco DH.2
    Aviatik D.I
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    De Havilland D.H.4
    Fokker Dr.I
    Fokker E.III ...
  4. My Little Capronis....a photo montage

I got a good price on a Ca.3 (Buttini) on Amazon last week and today, my third Ca. 3 arrived. I took a little grief from my wingmen on this ranging from "What will you do with three Caproni?" to "With four, you can have a bomber box." ;)

[CENTER][ATTACH=CONFIG]104918[/ATTACH]
    Here's a shot of the three bombers lining up for a bomb run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104919[/ATTACH]

Going for an 'old school' look, I desaturated the colors to get the ...

Updated 08-20-2013 at 14:43 by The G Dog

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Trip to Prague Summer Con 2013 Part III

Sunday 28.07.2013

09:00 am A new morning at Botel Racek

10:30 am We met Andrzej and Thomatchef at a famous clock in the old town of Prague

Updated 11-17-2014 at 07:26 by Marechallannes

Categories
    Uncategorized