Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Extra Decks - F Deck

Simply one of my favorite decks - fast and agile, plus it suits some of my favorite aircraft - the wonderful F Deck.

Name:  roland-d-vi-a10-1.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  58.4 KB

With the recent release of the full color Roland D.VIa and D.VIb from R.A.F., posting about the F Deck is timely indeed. Used by several aircraft (Fokker E.V, the aforementioned Rolands, Hanriot H.D.1 and H.D.2, and the Nieuport 24/24bis/27/28), it is more of a decision of what aircraft to not use as opposed to one that ...
  2. Esty RAF Hanriots

Received my two Hanriots today after a bit of a mix up with Shapeways/FedEx having my correct address but then saying it was an incorrect address. Overall I am pleased. Roundel colors look very good, as do the tri-colors across the bottom wing of the Italian Hanriot. Colors on the rudders are a bit muted, almost faded, and the thistle emblem on the side of the Belgian Hanriot is difficult to see. The five color camo of the Belgian seems to also be a tad "off" as it has a little too ...

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:08 by predhead

Categories
    Shapeways
  3. Expanding the Forces

Name:  Hanriot HD1 DeMeulemeester copy.jpg
Views: 1337
Size:  122.4 KBName:  Pfalz E II Bulow.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  147.4 KBName:  WWF_Ponnier-M1_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1451
Size:  728.7 KBName:  WWF_SopwithPup_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1146
Size:  721.2 KB

Some several months ago I went in with The G Dog, Adler64, and Smitch on a Shapeways order. I already had a plane from a previous order with The G Dog (a Pfalz D.XII), and I was looking to expand my German forces with some needed types not covered by Ares, plus a couple of extra Hanriots for the Belgians (using the Reviresco decals), so I ordered several planes to ...
  4. The Shapeways Experiment - Part I Prep Work

As you know, there are many designers on Shapeways offering 1/144th scale World War One aircraft. Many of these offerings are now being covered within the Nexus/Ares range of miniatures, but there are many others out there to help fill in those holes not covered by the official game miniatures. Last year I ordered a Plalz D.XII and a Kettering Bug; the Pfalz is still to be painted, while the Bug was kindly painted for me by Smitch. The stories I have heard about my gaming buddies and what they ...
  5. Cincy/Dayton Group - First Event

I have just posted an event on Facebook for the Cincy/Dayton folks. All are welcome of course. Will be held Sunday, July 27th, at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg. Shop opens at noon, we should start rolling dice...er, I mean placing cards, about 12:30. Only 1915-16 aircraft and using the boom card with most of the rules.

Event details on Facebook group page: Wings of War/Glory

We will probably play several games, but at least one 1915 and one 1916 game. These are ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast