Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 5: Synchronized

[B][I]October 22, 1915[/I][/B]

Since I've received the new Eindecker I've been flying dayly trying to use it against an enemy plane. The weather has been bad every two or three days and being unable to cross the trenches to the French side difficult my task. The only two times I encounter French planes the difference in numbers made me retreat. The French now are using a new strategy to counter our superiority in combat. Numbers.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Scenario%205%20-%20Synchronized/SynchronizedSc501.jpg[/IMG] ...
  2. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 2: Experimental Fighter

[B][I]October 1, 1915[/I][/B]

Oberst Metzger was waiting for me at the dining hall. Rittmeister Jan Schlesinger and Oberleutnant Leonhard Schultz were also there. The three of them were calmly seated. "Have you called me, Sir?" I've asked while I saluted all my superior officers. "Yes indeed I did, Joachim. Have a glass of brandy. please." he paused. "I have three things to tell you and I don't want you to wait with your mouth dry." I admit that at that ...

Updated 01-12-2014 at 03:02 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 4: Young Hawks

[B][I]September 17, 1915[/I][/B]

I've been doing this for weeks, now. Instead of being fighting in the front lines with the rest of the squadron, I'm chaperoning new pilots. "You'll take care of them and thy will only start real combat missions when you decide they're ready", said Oberleutnant Schultz, leaping beside me, his wound still fresh from his last mission. He looked at my less than happy face. "Must I remind you that a few months ago, I've done the very same ...

Updated 12-19-2013 at 11:34 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Optional Rules for the Advanced Solo Rules

I've been playing with my advanced solo charts, that I upgrade from the amazing Richard Bradley's solo charts.

You can find some of them here (cleaned by Richard Bradley):

[url]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1039[/url]

And the fast drawn charts made by me here:

[url]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=1240[/url]

I've always wanted to add better reflexes to the AI player in some ...
  5. Chapter 8: Biggles returns to France (part 1)

Chapter 8: Biggles returns to France

Biggles and Fortymore had been away from 266 Sqn for 6 months. During that time Biggles had met Algy once, in London, when Algy was on leave. He couldn’t wait to get back to the mess at Maranique and catch up with all the gossip. Not wanting to dawdle Biggles and Fortymore volunteered to fly 2 replacement camels to a nearby squadron then they would get a lift to Maranique. The flight there was uneventful and they were soon taxiing to a landing. ...

Updated 07-16-2014 at 10:18 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles