Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 11 - Falcons and eagles

[I][B]June 7, 1940[/B][/I]

[I]They were eager to know the story. Kyte served drinks and then he sat himself in a green sofa expecting me to begin. I looked at Joachim. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders. I looked at the other ones, Eris, James, Nick, Dave, Mike and Johnny and I felt a strange comradeship, even if to some of them I was but a stranger a few days ago. "Go on, Andrzej", said Nick, anxious for me to start. "Well... We were now in the middle of the Summer ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 8 - A Pair of Flies

[B][I]June 8, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"How was it your first kill?" "What?" "Your first kill. Was it a fighter? A bomber? When was it?" "It was March first, 1937, Kyte." "Good Lord. You know the exact date?!" "Yes, Natalya kissed me for the first time that day." "What!? You remember the date because of a kiss and not because of a plane you've downed?!" "Both things were important..." "I see... And what was ...
  3. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 4: Infirmary

[B][I]December 15, 1915[/I][/B]

I wake up and fall again and again into darkness and fever for the last two weeks. Cold soft hands keep my hope and sanity when I feel them in my head. Rita's soft voice brings me back from feverish nightmares and from time to time my comrades come visit me. The bomber pilots have been here. I heard them, like in a dream, recounting my last mission to Rita. They brought me a present. "They brought you a present", I heard Rita telling me, ...
  4. The Kindness of Strangers - Interlude 1 – A Letter from the Land of the Soviets

[I][B]June, 13 1940[/B][/I]

"What's the long face, Joachim? Bad news?" "More or less Dave..." "I hope everything will work well for you. Is it that a letter from the Soviet Union?" "Yes." "Kyte! Kyte! Come here quickly. And bring that bottle of gin your uncle sent you! I think we'll learn a little more about our... aaah... international friend here!" "I'm coming!" "So, Joachim, share your pains with us, your comrades ...
  5. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 5: Synchronized

[B][I]October 22, 1915[/I][/B]

Since I've received the new Eindecker I've been flying dayly trying to use it against an enemy plane. The weather has been bad every two or three days and being unable to cross the trenches to the French side difficult my task. The only two times I encounter French planes the difference in numbers made me retreat. The French now are using a new strategy to counter our superiority in combat. Numbers.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Scenario%205%20-%20Synchronized/SynchronizedSc501.jpg[/IMG] ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast