Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. January's work bench

The German lines about done. there is a bit of tidying and blending of edges to finish, but the figures are glued in nowName:  german trench defence 1.jpg
Views: 6694
Size:  82.8 KB
    the barbed wire is copper electrical strand (,020mm) coiled round the handle of a modelling knife, or laid out straight and turned around the wooden posts.
    the post are match sticks, halved in length, and then quartered lenthwise, and pushed into the base materialName:  German wire 1.jpg
Views: 6101
Size:  69.6 KB

Name:  german wire 2.jpg
Views: 6072
Size:  71.2 KB ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. January's work bench

I have been working on the German trenches for while

Name:  WW1 German trench1.jpg
Views: 6181
Size:  59.3 KB
    The intention is to show how the Germans were building more permanent defensive positions
    Name:  WW1 german trench2.jpg
Views: 6174
Size:  52.6 KB
    with better weapons siting
    Name:  WW1 german trench 3.jpg
Views: 6206
Size:  67.8 KB
    wider, more solidly constructed trenches
    Name:  WW1 german trench 4.jpg
Views: 6085
Size:  84.7 KB
    this last however shows the result of a direct hit (off stage) from Archie.

next post, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 8 - A Pair of Flies

[B][I]June 8, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"How was it your first kill?" "What?" "Your first kill. Was it a fighter? A bomber? When was it?" "It was March first, 1937, Kyte." "Good Lord. You know the exact date?!" "Yes, Natalya kissed me for the first time that day." "What!? You remember the date because of a kiss and not because of a plane you've downed?!" "Both things were important..." "I see... And what was ...
  4. Scenario - April 14th, 1918

Taken heavily from Billy's Boys by Mike Clinton, modified a bit with information gleaned from Nieuport 28: America's First Fighter by Theodore Hamady, and filled in with a bit of fluff from USAS 1st Pursuit Group by Jon Guttman, this is my Wings of Glory interpretation of the first encounter of the 94th Aero Squadron's first encounter over the Toul Sector.

The 94th Aero Squadron, known as the Hat in the Ring Gang, moved to Gengoult Aerodrome from Villeneuve on April 9th, 1918. The ...
  5. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 7 - A Myth That Was True

[B][I]June 4, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"So... you are saying that there were P-40's in France in June?" "Yes. P-40's B. I've flown one." "No way! The French Armée de l'Air only had P-36's Hawks from the Americans." "Well... They had a few P-40's and never learned that they had them." "Good Lord. One more of your stories, Joaquim?!" "Yes, Dave, one more. And I have a Pole friend... if he's still alive... who can confirm it. He flew one ...