Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part I

The purchase of the Reduced Aircraft Factory Siemens-Schuckert D.I was made August 30th, 2022. I obviously have an issue with working on projects in a timely manner...well at least the hobby ones. I am sure work would not appreciate such delays. The D.I has been sitting on my desk at home all this time, staring at me, taunting me, daring me to give it a try. When I finally become motivated to work on my Rumsey Nieuport 11 (which is still missing the RUM on each fuselage side), and then the Chapman ...
  2. And For My Next Trick...

With the recent spate of repaints I have completed (well, two could be a spate, yes?), I am prepping a couple of planes for painting, but not repaints, but Shapeways offerings. One, a Reduced Aircraft Factory Siemens-Schuckert D.Is, also in Gray PA12, will be looking like this (I hope) upon completion.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  5.0 KB

Or this:
  3. Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!

Name:  20230509_200335.jpg
Views: 1408
Size:  38.0 KB

Starting with another Ares Chaput as the base plane, I have created the Nieuport N.11 of Victor Chapman, the first pilot in N.124 to be killed in combat. A few coats of AK Clear Doped Linen Version 2, some crimson on the wheel covers, and then the addition of the historically accurate roundels on the top wing and we have a nice addition to the N.124 collection. The roundels on the underside of the wings are still the French ones, as found on the actual ...
  4. Random Starting Locations

Not really a blog post, but posting this here for future reference. This is from member Charlie3.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do.../ropd2_Nc0.jpg

• Each side rolls one D6. If both sides roll the same number use the head to head set up in the Wings of War rules.
    • If a side rolls lower, they are the defending side. Place the defending planes in the center of the table.
    • Roll two D6 and refer to the diagram for the location and facing of attacking planes.
    • Roll

Updated 04-11-2023 at 08:04 by predhead

Tags: Charlie3
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  5. Book Review - Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace

Name:  1467138495.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
Views: 1007
Size:  45.6 KB
    I've had this small History Press book for several months now, and have read it twice. I thought others might be interested in a bit of a book review.

Book details: Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace, written by Tony Garel-Frantzen. Published 2017, History Press. 128 pgs. Photos.

This is a decently written book about the first American ace of the Great War, Indiana native Paul Baer, the first United States ...

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:25 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized