Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Shadows of the Mountain of Games – Second – Descent 2nd Edition

The year was 1986. There were these adventure books where you were the hero. The first one that fell into my hands was part of a collection called “Lone Wolf”. You would follow a path “chosen” by you, connecting the numbers and pages, going forward and backward, creating a story and fighting monsters and bandits. A die, a sheet of paper and a pencil and off you go. That was my first plunge into RPG’s. I was fifteen years old and I tore off that book, repeating the adventure in that hot summer of ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Shadows of the Mountain of Games – First - The Call of Cthulhu

The second RPG I’ve ever played was The Call of Cthulhu. Chaosium 2th Edition. Having read several Lovecraft novels and stories and having already opened my wings as a player and game master with D&D 1st Edition – the beautiful Red Box – I was immediately hooked by this possibility. As I was reading the rules I knew I would be a keeper of Call of Cthulhu forever. Years and years of gaming in the realms of the Outer Gods followed. This was a game for me. Not that I was specially enthusiast about ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images