Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Welcome to Vella Lavella!

Welcome to Black Sheep One's WoW/WoG blog!

A bit about myself:

I am a history buff, geek, gamer. I was introduced to this wonderful game at Origins in 2012. Now I am hooked! Plus, as an added benefit, I have met wonderful new wingmen (friends). I will try to keep this blog up-to-date as much as I can. Drop me a line sometime...

:drinks:
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Wings of Glory on a sunny Sunday afternoon

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;224320]Got together today with my good friend Dave Lifford and his 2 sons, Matthew 9, Connor 6, and my girlfriend's son Tyler 9 to play some Wings of Glory. Given the nice weather we decided to play outdoors on my patio. This would be Tyler's first time playing but Mathew, and Connor - who never seems to get shot down, are old pros at the game whereas Dave and I have resolved ourselves to being Connor fodder.

Seeing as it was Tyler's first time and we wanted to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images           
  3. Wings of Glory on a sunny Sunday afternoon

[QUOTE=BobRoberts;224320]Got together today with my good friend Dave Lifford and his 2 sons, Matthew 9, Connor 6, and my girlfriend's son Tyler 9 to play some Wings of Glory. Given the nice weather we decided to play outdoors on my patio. This would be Tyler's first time playing but Mathew, and Connor - who never seems to get shot down, are old pros at the game whereas Dave and I have resolved ourselves to being Connor fodder.

Seeing as it was Tyler's first time and we wanted to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Balloon Busting 101

After reading about how dangerous balloon busting missions were, I decided to do some research. Hope this helps others to understand more about balloons and the history behind it.

There are two kinds of lighter-than-air craft: balloons and an airship.
    [B]Balloons[/B]
    These unpowered LTA craft can lift but are at the mercy of the wind.

[B]Airship[/B]
    An airship is a powered LTA craft that can lift and then maneuver in any direction against the ...
  5. Anyone got Wings of War aircraft with no cards?

I am seeking unwanted Wings of War aircraft in Essex, London, Herts or the northern half of Kent.

Is anyone giving up WoW and want to pass their aircraft on? I will make reasonable offers. I would prefer to inspect and collect, if they are OK.

I am developing my own rules and really want the models rather than the cards so this might suit anyone who has lost their cards and may have trouble getting someone interested in taking them.

I have all the Wings ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized