Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Extra Decks - Q Deck

Delving into finding planes for the extra decks I have, matching planes that have quality plane cards to use, and that are available via full color or Gray PA12 Shapeways offerings, as well as fitting them into the collection so as to get some use!

Name:  44-1.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  58.1 KB

Ah, the Q Deck - an okay deck with speed, a hard left and right turn, but only two soft sideslips. My choices of planes for this deck are the Aviatik D.I, the Phönix D.II/D.IIa, the Halberstadt ...
  2. The Pfalz D.XII Shapeways Project - Part I

Name:  24831_rd.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  166.9 KB
    Leutnant Klein's Pfalz D.XII

Some time ago in a galaxy far, far...well, maybe more like on blog post from a long time ago, I had talked about doing a Shapeways Pfalz D.XII. That was before the big selloff, plus that particular Shapeways plane was printed in the white natural versatile plastic which, while others have created some magic with that finish, is a grainy mistress. That Pfalz was included in the selloff, and no more thought had been ...
  3. Expanding the Forces

Name:  Hanriot HD1 DeMeulemeester copy.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  122.4 KBName:  Pfalz E II Bulow.jpg
Views: 1406
Size:  147.4 KBName:  WWF_Ponnier-M1_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1442
Size:  728.7 KBName:  WWF_SopwithPup_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1136
Size:  721.2 KB

Some several months ago I went in with The G Dog, Adler64, and Smitch on a Shapeways order. I already had a plane from a previous order with The G Dog (a Pfalz D.XII), and I was looking to expand my German forces with some needed types not covered by Ares, plus a couple of extra Hanriots for the Belgians (using the Reviresco decals), so I ordered several planes to ...
  4. The Collection, or How the Wright Flight Needs An Intervention

I've been updating the aircraft list for the Wright Flight, just the core players, and thus far five of us have 300 Ares/Nexus aircraft and balloons. When pulling the information together, it is apparent that we have too many Olieslager Camels, can field a bombing wing of Capronis, and have more Fokker Dr.Is than were actually built during the war. Okay, I may be stretching the truth a
  5. The Shapeways Experiment - Part I Prep Work

As you know, there are many designers on Shapeways offering 1/144th scale World War One aircraft. Many of these offerings are now being covered within the Nexus/Ares range of miniatures, but there are many others out there to help fill in those holes not covered by the official game miniatures. Last year I ordered a Plalz D.XII and a Kettering Bug; the Pfalz is still to be painted, while the Bug was kindly painted for me by Smitch. The stories I have heard about my gaming buddies and what they ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast