Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Location Update for Wright Flight Events

It looks as though are events will now be on the second Saturday of each month at Epic Loot, located in Centerville. Matt56 will be posting our events on the 'Drome with specific information. The Hobby Shop has been a nice home for us, but they schedule tourneys without much notice, and table space becomes an issue. Epic Loot has larger tables, access to restrooms, is well lit, cleaner overall, and has an opening for us on a regular basis. Parking is a bit hectic, but our lunch spot now is a ...
  2. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 6: Shadows

[B][I]January 25, 1916[/I][/B]

"Wearing my flight coat, Rita?" "Ah! You're back! One more French dead, hei?!" "Yes. I gained one more kill..." "Are you collecting prizes?" "We keep score, yes." "Keeping score on dead people? That is something to be proud of, isn't it?" "They're enemy planes that we fight against, Rita... What's with you?" "I don't know. It's the cold, I guess..." "Yes. It's freezing. ...
  3. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 10: Balloon Defense

[I][B]January 25, 1916[/B][/I]

[I]With the new French planes, the enemy was becoming more adventurous in their raids. Our balloons, that were pretty much left alone in the previous months were now being harassed daily. But the high command was still adverse to protect them properly. We were warned that a flight of French planes were crossing the lines and probably moving against one of our balloons. We've scrambled up to meet them, Leutnant Sven Michelson and me. Our cold engines ...
  4. Next Wright Flight Events

The next two Wright Flight gaming events have been scheduled for February 13th and march 26th at The Hobby Shop near Dayton, Ohio. Themes for both are yet to be determined but we have plenty of aircraft so no need to bring anything. Always a grand time!